Have you ever left your room and try to come back fast to catch them cleaning y

chris.b.74

It's amazing how the know you have left your cabin. You can leave for 15 minutes and come back to a bed made and room clean. We have even tryed to catch them by leaving and coming back quickly. It's almost like they have a camera and sit and watch for you to leave and go ok there gone hurry lets get it done before the come back.. Lol

Yep,,,it's almost as though they're sitting inside the cabin across the hall, waiting for you to leave so they can do their thing. ;) All of the staff on cruise ships amaze me. They really "Work Hard for the Money!" :cool:

"SKY"

maybe they are hidden hallways behind the rooms and once you are gone they can remove the mirror come in the room clean it and poof gone again.. Ive walked in on them before. No biggie they always ask for just a minute

I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night once on a cruise and when I got back the bed had been remade and the ice bucket refilled!(LOL)

Ha haa! Now that was cute. They are excellent at doing their job and staying out of the way. It's impressive.:o

maybe they are hidden hallways behind the rooms and once you are gone they can remove the mirror come in the room clean it and poof gone again..

what do you think all those white spaces on the deck plans are for? ;)

I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night once on a cruise and when I got back the bed had been remade and the ice bucket refilled!(LOL)

But did your spouse look very very happy???

It's amazing how the know you have left your cabin. You can leave for 15 minutes and come back to a bed made and room clean. We have even tryed to catch them by leaving and coming back quickly. It's almost like they have a camera and sit and watch for you to leave and go ok there gone hurry lets get it done before the come back.. Lol

The kids really liked to hang out in the room and order room service (they're older). Sometimes DH and I would grab a bite or order room service and hang out on the balcony. Room steward was so sweet but would get frustrated with us because he wanted to clean. He did a great job after we took a hint and allowed him to.

We had a steward who knew when we came back onboard. We were on the Splendor in Astoria during the Canadian Riviera cruises in 2009, and our room steward saw us from our window when we were coming back onboard.

On one cruise, we had left to head to dinner. We forgot our camera. We hadn't gotten very far down the hall and turned around and came back for it. When we walked into the cabin, our cabin steward was sitting on the floor in the bathroom cleaning.... wow.... and needless to say, he was given a very nice tip... :rolleyes:

One time...we went to breakfast and went back to the cabin (we weren't gone very long). From all the way down the hall, we saw crew guys with masks and suits on :eek: Turns out, they were in the room across the hall and they appeared to be vacuuming the vents :confused: But there were two stewards that in our cabin cleaning, and our steward, Jorge, asked if we needed to get into the cabin. I said, yes, just for a moment to change into our swim wear. They left in a second and we changed, and left again. No problem.

I think they have microphones in the mdr's. On my first cruise I was eating the entree but didn't really care for it and mentioned it to my dh, but I was still eating at it. Our waiter comes over and ask "you not like? I can get you something else" Spooky!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Its ok. A lot of newcruisers feel this way. They have a schedule.

Diamond Status

Archived