Private tour guide needed in Tangier

We will be on the Windsurf and are in Tangier on September 9. We would like to hire a private tour guide to take us to all the sights in and around Tangier and possibly a camel trek. Everything I have found on the internet about Tangier is fairly negative. Does anyone know of someone that will do private tours and how to contact them?

Hi,

We were in Tangiers for a day trip in May. It is certainly an experience to do once in your life. It is a very depressed area and a true culture shock. I handed one old woman, who could not sell her wares, a 2E coin. I will remember her smile always.....just hope she did not get mugged afterwards.

We took a group tour arranged by the hotel in Marbella. We caught the ferry from Tariffe.

I have two contacts for private tours:

Nadeem was one of our guides. NOT the main guide who was excellent but rather an "assistant". He did seem to personally know everyone in the Kasbah............................ Nadeem1073@yahoo.co.uk

He also gave me a card of a friend who arranges privates:

Ouafidi Gorfti Younes..............wesley@iam.net.ma

We did ride a camel, bought some interesting spices, spent an hour looking at rugs and the lunch / entertainment was interesting. I think the tour including the bus to the ferry, the 45 minute r/t ferry, lunch and tour was maybe $65 US pp. It was an interesting day. You might try to hook up with a larger group if that's possible.

Good luck,

Marty

Archived