NCL Epic - Wine Package when boarding?

zumaster

Hello, does anybody know if they offer any sort of wine package upon boarding the Epic? We are sailing on the Epic out of Rome on August 21 2013. Our last cruise on the Sky, this past March had this offered to us as we entered the ship on boarding. We found it to be quite useful and an easy way to have a different bottle of wine at dinner every night. Cheaper than buying them separate as well. Thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

Hello, does anybody know if they offer any sort of wine package upon boarding the Epic? We are sailing on the Epic out of Rome on August 21 2013. Our last cruise on the Sky, this past March had this offered to us as we entered the ship on boarding. We found it to be quite useful and an easy way to have a different bottle of wine at dinner every night. Cheaper than buying them separate as well. Thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

Packages will be offered. Represents about a 20 percent savings overall.

Hello, does anybody know if they offer any sort of wine package upon boarding the Epic? :

I am expecting the wine packages to be as follows:

VIVA VINO

by Norwegian Cruise Line

Please list the number of

bottles for your selection

The Enthusiast

4 Bottles - $88

6 Bottles - $132

8 Bottles - $176

___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California

___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia

___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy

___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France

___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California

___ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia

___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina

___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California

___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile

___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia

The Aficionado

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following

4 Bottles - $98

6 Bottles - $146

8 Bottles - $196

___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia

___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California

___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand

___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California

___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California

___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California

___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot - California

___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California

The Connoisseur

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado categories plus the following

4 Bottles - $110

6 Bottles - $162

8 Bottles - $216

___ Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California

___ Isabel Mandavi, Deep Rose’ – Napa Valley, California

___ Wild Horse, Chardonnay – Central Coast, California

___ Spellbound, Petite Sirah – California

___ Chareau St. Jean, Cabernet Sauvignon – California

A 15% gratuity will be added to your check for all beverages orders. *Prices are subject to change. *Your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries

Thank you CruiseIreland, that is the same list I seem to recall from my last cruise on the Sky. If it is the same on the Epic our meals will most certainly be much more entertaining! :D I think I've said this before, I can hardly wait!!!!!!

Thank you CruiseIreland, that is the same list I seem to recall from my last cruise on the Sky. If it is the same on the Epic our meals will most certainly be much more entertaining! :D I think I've said this before, I can hardly wait!!!!!!

Yes, I don't care so much which wines are available, I'll drink pretty much anything:D...I'm getting excited too. Will you post a review when you get back? Ken

Thanks for the detailed info, CruiseIreland. I have been searching and calling, but could not seem to get this clear list and explanation. I have also been told that one of the NCL ships had a mid-day "happy hour" that offered "2-fers" of wine, cocktails or beer for $6.01, which included gratuity. Have you heard of this on the Epic? Not cruising until 2014, but want to budget in advance.

Thanks for the detailed info, CruiseIreland. I have been searching and calling, but could not seem to get this clear list and explanation. I have also been told that one of the NCL ships had a mid-day "happy hour" that offered "2-fers" of wine, cocktails or beer for $6.01, which included gratuity. Have you heard of this on the Epic? Not cruising until 2014, but want to budget in advance.

I have'nt sailed NCL yet but I think we will book a wine package, basic 8 bottles and bring about 6 on, that plus cocktails of the day should keep us happy!:D I will keep an ear out for the 2-fers!:D

I have also been told that one of the NCL ships had a mid-day "happy hour" that offered "2-fers" of wine, cocktails or beer for $6.01, which included gratuity.

Since NCL rolled UBP out fleetwide, they cut back on the drink specials to pretty non-existent (probably to encourage people into buying the package). In 2012 we loved Star Bar's 2-for-1 martini happy hour every night before dinner etc, but those days have gone, I can't remember having seen any mentionable drink specials on our last week's cruise on Jade. :(

There is drink of the day etc in the daily, but the prices seem quite "normal" - I didn't compare them though, I mainly drank Oak & Ginger ($5.75+15%) in bars with occasional Daiquiri or Pina Colada while laying on our balcony.

Archived