Freedom 7/27/13 change

From Carnival Website:

Tropical Storm Dorian

Web Update #2 – 7/26/13 - 7:00 PM

We continue to closely monitor the track of Tropical Storm Dorian in the Atlantic. As always, the safety of our guests and crew is our number one concern and our ships will always maintain a safe distance from the storm.

In an abundance of caution and in order to provide a better guest experience, we have modified the itinerary for the Carnival Freedom sailing 7/27/13. The revised itinerary is listed below:

Day Port Arrive Depart

Sat Fort Lauderdale, FL 4:00PM

Sun Fun Day @ Sea

Mon Fun Day @ Sea

Tue Aruba 9:00AM Overnight

Wed Aruba Overnight 1:00PM

Thu La Romana 9:00AM 5:00PM

Fri Grand Turk Noon 7:00PM

Sat Fun Day @ Sea

Sun Fort Lauderdale, FL 8:00AM

All sailings departing on or after Saturday, July 27, 2013 continue to operate as scheduled. In the event we need to make a deviation to the itinerary, we will update our guests. Next web update will be on Saturday at 7:00PM.

Am I the only one who thinks this doesn't make sense, considering where Dorian is, and will be??? If, in fact, it is anything at all at that point??? I know other ships are supposed to be right in the area where the storm is predicted to be, and no changes have been posted for those sailings. I just don't get it.

Anyway, for those on Freedom...NICE!!! Enjoy!:)

I guess this is the chance we take

We'll be sailing 8/10...I'd love to trade Nassau for Aruba anyday or the Turks and Caicos. Our last Carnival cruise was changed because of a storm. We were'nt able to go to St. St Martin and St. Thomas, but instead our port were Freeport and Turks Turks was great!!! Should have stay on the ship in Freedport!!!

Sure hope we don't have to go to Freeport on our upcoming cruise!!!

Archived