EPIC April transatlantic, balcony guarantee already assigned???

bcco

A couple of months ago I grabbed great deal for a balcony guarantee cabin on a transatlantic next April. I just logged onto my NCL account and it looks like they have already assigned us cabin 8008??? This is one of the so called hull cabins because the balcony (no bigger than usual) is enclosed is steel sheeting with just a small opening to protect from the elements in the bow of the ship, instead of the usual plexiglass bottom and open top.

I know that with a guarantee cabin you have to be okay with whatever you are assigned in that category, and I am. I'm just wondering if this was usual for us to already have a cabin assigned when we are still 9 months away from the cruise and six months from full payment. Is it likely to change after the full payment date?, can I request another cabin in the same category when we are closer to time? Any advice is appreciated.

That's not a bad room except for the fact that it's over the Bliss Lounge and you'll likely have a lot of THUMP THUMP THUMP at night until the wee hours.

You generally cannot change your GTY assignment. That's the risk you take. Having said that, I guess it can't hurt to ask..but don't expect a "yes"

I booked a GTY balcony on the Pearl back in March for a December sailing. They assigned my room in late May and let me move it within the same category this month (I had called to upgrade categories to move more midship and they ended up moving my room to the most "midship" of my category). It can't hurt to ask.

We have the same quick-assignment situation to report.

On December 21, 2012 we booked the Pearl for December 8, 2013 (it was $299 inside guarantee, and I could not resist). To our astonishment, our cabin was assigned by January 21-- about 11 months out!

We booked IX and received IF, deck 5. That's the lowest spot we've ever sailed on NCL (as platinum), but it's only $299. Who cares!

Archived