Pre Ordering Alcohol for Cabin

AZbeachboy

The last 2 times I have cruised on Princess I had a suite and it included some beer and sample liquor sample. Before then, I was able to preorder beer and drinks through the web site. Now all I can find is wine. Can anyone help me with this. Has Princess changed their gifting structure. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Here you go, it is in the onboard gifts, Princess Cellars section:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

I pre-order before each cruise.

Mike:)

Thanks Mike. I just saw wine like the listing and did not look down the whole list. I appreciate it.

Thanks Mike. I just saw wine like the listing and did not look down the whole list. I appreciate it.

No problem. There will be a card in your stateroom when you arrive and you just have to call room service to redeem it.

I usually swap out the other 6 mini bottles of the setup at the same time and ask them to bring six Beefeaters in their place.

Have a great cruise!

• 1 month later...
The last 2 times I have cruised on Princess I had a suite and it included some beer and sample liquor sample. Before then, I was able to preorder beer and drinks through the web site. Now all I can find is wine. Can anyone help me with this. Has Princess changed their gifting structure. Thanks to anyone who can help.

I ordered two 375 ml bottles of alcohol yesterday. I gifted them to myself.

I ordered two 375 ml bottles of alcohol yesterday. I gifted them to myself.

When you arrive the vouchers (cards) should be in your cabin. Just call room service to redeem and ask them to bring you some lime, lemon etc if you like.

Thank you, Mike. Room service to redeem....check!

Those guys are very prompt and I usually give them a few dollars tip which is very much appreciated.

Two weeks ago on the Golden I had pre-ordered two Bombay Sapphire bottles so when I called to redeem the vouchers I asked for a lime and 6 cans of tonic. When Room Service showed up he had a little bowl with at least two limes already cut into drink sized slices.:D

So, how is that any easier than just calling room service, and placing an order?

I don't know that it is any easier; but the OP asked about pre-ordering liquor for his cabin.

I do it because we usually have a sailaway party on our balcony with food, booze etc and it is just easier to plan that at home ahead of time and mark the order for sailaway. If you wait until you arrive at your cabin more times than not you will not be able to get food in time for sailaway.

Maybe this is too obvious (I'm a Princess newbie) but aren't you able to just bring a bottle of liquor on yourself for in room consumption or is that a no no ? I know you're allowed to bring 1 bottle of wine per person and as many cans of soda as you want.

We have pre ordered for our 10/26 cruise along with appetizers and marked them as sail away....has always worked well since they are all pretty busy during embarkation....

That is the way to do if you want the items for sailaway.

Several years back I planned this sailaway party on our balcony and invited some friends and pre-ordered the food and booze only to be told when I called to redeem the vouchers that Room Service could not fill the order for 3 hours. It was embarrassing to me but I learned to always mark on the order that it was for sailaway and have had no problems since.:o

Maybe this is too obvious (I'm a Princess newbie) but aren't you able to just bring a bottle of liquor on yourself for in room consumption or is that a no no ? I know you're allowed to bring 1 bottle of wine per person and as many cans of soda as you want.

You are not allowed to bring liquor or beer aboard Princess.

Archived