Change of C&A status on close cruises - anyone else done this?

Hi,

Hoping someone on here has experienced this & can advise the best way to go about it.

We are currently gold C&A members just 4 days short of platinum.

We will become platinum part way through our 12 day cruise/tour to Alaska.

RCCL C&A Australia have advised that if we speak with the C&A person on board toward the end of the 1st cruise they will ensure our C&A status updates straight after the cruise finishes & before we board our 2nd cruise only 7 days later.

Has anyone else had this situation & requested that their C&A status be updated quickly rather than the normal few weeks it seems to take?

Did it happen? Should I get a letter from the C&A person on board or something to show when boarding cruise 2 to get priority boarding & have a platinum sea pass issued in case?

Can they override the C&A status anyway to print the correct sea pass if it hasn't been done?

Also, if we print out docs/luggage tags etc off before we leave Australia they say Gold member for the 2nd & also 3rd cruises we are doing.

Just wondering if they will be updated online if our status changes so we can print them from our hotel before boarding cruise 2 or if once they issue the docs they stay as is regardless?

Any advice much appreciated. We will be sailing a total of 27 days at platinum level so want to take advantage of the few perks you do get at this level considering the length of time. :)

Hi,

Hoping someone on here has experienced this & can advise the best way to go about it.

We are currently gold C&A members just 4 days short of platinum.

We will become platinum part way through our 12 day cruise/tour to Alaska.

RCCL C&A Australia have advised that if we speak with the C&A person on board toward the end of the 1st cruise they will ensure our C&A status updates straight after the cruise finishes & before we board our 2nd cruise only 7 days later.

Has anyone else had this situation & requested that their C&A status be updated quickly rather than the normal few weeks it seems to take?

Did it happen? Should I get a letter from the C&A person on board or something to show when boarding cruise 2 to get priority boarding & have a platinum sea pass issued in case?

Can they override the C&A status anyway to print the correct sea pass if it hasn't been done?

Also, if we print out docs/luggage tags etc off before we leave Australia they say Gold member for the 2nd & also 3rd cruises we are doing.

Just wondering if they will be updated online if our status changes so we can print them from our hotel before boarding cruise 2 or if once they issue the docs they stay as is regardless?

Any advice much appreciated. We will be sailing a total of 27 days at platinum level so want to take advantage of the few perks you do get at this level considering the length of time. :)

Nothing easier than that.

The Status on your docs won´t matter much anyway, so I wouldn´t be bothered.

Once embarked on that second cruise you just see the LA and s/he will put a sticker with platinum on your seapass.

Nothing easier than that.

The Status on your docs won´t matter much anyway, so I wouldn´t be bothered.

Once embarked on that second cruise you just see the LA and s/he will put a sticker with platinum on your seapass.

Thanks for your reply.

Does that mean they will also adjust the discounts/bonuses appropriate to platinum?

I believe they no longer have the voucher booklets to physically check we have the correct ones.

I would prefer it all be correct before I board though if possible.

Anyone actually had the same situation & managed to achieve the C&A level change in short timeframe?

It's just taking 5 to 7 days for the cruise points to be added and the status updated. If you are in a balcony cabin for the 2nd and 3rd cruises, call C&A when you get back from the first cruise and ask for the platimun discount. Since your cruise will already be paid in full, they will probably issue OBC. Not all ships have gone to the electronic coupons. Freedom and Oasis have, but I'm not sure if any other ships have them. If you do have electronic coupons, a letter will be in your cabin listing your coupons and you will be able to see what level they are. Congrats and enjoy!

Thanks for your reply.

Does that mean they will also adjust the discounts/bonuses appropriate to platinum?

I believe they no longer have the voucher booklets to physically check we have the correct ones.

I would prefer it all be correct before I board though if possible.

Anyone actually had the same situation & managed to achieve the C&A level change in short timeframe?

Yes, we have had our status change after the first part of a B2B, and it happened as decribed above - the LA puts a sticker on your SeaPass card with your new status and we were given coupon books appropriate to the new status. However, no OBC or credit of any kind for increased balcony discount.

Thanks for the replies.:)

We have a full week in Canada after the first cruise, before we board the same ship (Radiance) in Vancouver, so it sounds feasible that the C&A person on board may well be able to ensure we have our platinum status in place before we reboard.

They will probably try harder if they will be on the ship when we reboard so we don't come bugging them & asking what happened. ;)

We do have balcony cabins booked for cruise 2 & 3, but I'm not sure if contacting RCCL Canada or USA would be as effective for Australian bookings to maybe try to get some OBC in lieu of balcony discount?

But hey, doesn't hurt to ask I guess.

Or maybe is it worth asking the on board C&A person about our Platinum balcony discounts? Any advice on which strategy would be the best?

After we disembark in Sydney we will actually be Emerald level only 15 days short of Diamond level! Gold to nearly Diamond in one holiday - I don't think I'll match that again. :)

With the prices we pay here in Australia for the same cruises you get over there in the US for less dollars plus added OBC which we don't get, it would be nice to get some sort of deal! :D

My spouse and I, along with one other couple, became Diamond plus on the first leg of a b2b2b a couple years ago while aboard Mariner. The C&A rep took care of it immediately as we went into the second cruise. Our new cards had that designation on them as we left Valparaiso for the Horn. Couldn't have been easier.

Archived