Terminal 30 Seattle Questions

redrobin

Will be driving to Terminal 30 for a Princess Cruise and have prepaid for parking. Have a map that will get me to Gate #2, but have questions after that. Was wondering, is that a covered parking garage or just a big parking lot? Have read posts about different lines (security, check-in, express..), porters carrying luggage vs. carrying your own... Can someone walk me through exactly what I can expect and recommend that I do at the terminal before boarding the ship? It's pretty basic stuff, but confusing for first time cruisers! Thanks!

Will be driving to Terminal 30 for a Princess Cruise and have prepaid for parking. Have a map that will get me to Gate #2, but have questions after that. Was wondering, is that a covered parking garage or just a big parking lot? Have read posts about different lines (security, check-in, express..), porters carrying luggage vs. carrying your own... Can someone walk me through exactly what I can expect and recommend that I do at the terminal before boarding the ship? It's pretty basic stuff, but confusing for first time cruisers! Thanks!

We cruise on the Diamond this Saturday but live in West Seattle and have been to the pier a few times. It is a large open parking lot. I am sure there is security 24 hours. From what I have read the porters here are not very aggressive so you will have to flag them down to take your luggage. Have a couple dollars ready and they will handle your luggage and you will avoid a line. I am sure others who have cruised recently will have more accurate info.

Enjoy.

Once you get inside the gate there is a road that circles the parking lot. Just drive on that road up to the terminal building and stop there to unload your luggage. There were porters there that took the luggage...you will next see it in your room. Then back in the car and follow the road around to the entrance to the parking lot. Depending on where you park it will be just 15-100 yards back to the terminal building. It is an open lot but completly fenced in. Once you go into the terminal building you will go thru checkin and security.

Here's a picture of Terminal 30.

To the left of the picture is simply a large, fenced parking lot.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=380678006&photoID=380710532&security=iFBAKM

Once you drop off your luggage, you will enter the terminal and stand in a snaking line for check in. Then they send you through to another "warehouse" type area for photos and boarding. This area can get quite congested as it seemed there were no real lines and everyone just made their own. All in all...we arrived about 11:30 and it took about 45 minutes from pulling up to being on the ship.

The only other ships I saw docked at Terminal 30 was HAL. I'm thinking RCCL might have been at Pier 66.

Deb

You will likely sail from Pier 66 - Bell St as Celebrity - owned by RCCL leaves from there. I believe Pier 30 is owned by Carnival Corp - HAL and Princess and only there vessels leave from Pier 30.

Pier 66 is the better of the two - closer to downtown and all the tourist attractions are easily walked to.

Hope this helps

Dennis

Archived