Food, Food, and More Food

christinelee

Glad to see you are still "feeling the wind in your face". This will be the first cruise to Hawaii, but have been there before on land.

We were scheduled to go on a Panama cruise in '09 ( on the Coral) when Terry had "sudden cardiac death". I guess it was not meant to be. Still waiting for that call to pick you up in "The Windy City".

Glad you are still here and..

Happy Sailing!

Christine, Any thoughts for the cruise after Hawaii ? I am hoping for Alaska towards the end of May.

Sali

Christine, Any thoughts for the cruise after Hawaii ? I am hoping for Alaska towards the end of May.

Sali

Can't think that far ahead.....I am the TA for large group and it is really time consuming....plus have to wait until all the cards clear on the Hawaiian Cruise....lol!

Stay in touch.

Happy Cruising!

That is the end. I believe that all of the menus are here. Too much trouble trying to keep it where people can see and use it. Everyone wants to read, but not comment. so We will slowly fade into the "dark Pages".

It has been fun and it has been time consuming.

Happy Cruising!

That is the end. I believe that all of the menus are here. Too much trouble trying to keep it where people can see and use it. Everyone wants to read, but not comment. so We will slowly fade into the "dark Pages".

Happy Cruising!

Christine, You did an excellent job ! You presented every meal, snack and venue from soup to nuts. I appreciate all the effort you put in and to keep this site alive. Maybe if your readers who have eaten at the Most Traveled Luncheons on the ships they would share what was served at their meal. I know what is served seems to vary by the head chef. It would be fun to read or see pictures of what was presented.

Thanks again Christine ! ( regards to Terry ) Are Sheila, Tim,Dennis and Jim going to Hawaii also ?

Happy Cruising!

Absolutely fantastic thread

Thank you so much for all your hard work :)

Christine, You did an excellent job ! You presented every meal, snack and venue from soup to nuts. I appreciate all the effort you put in and to keep this site alive. Maybe if your readers who have eaten at the Most Traveled Luncheons on the ships they would share what was served at their meal. I know what is served seems to vary by the head chef. It would be fun to read or see pictures of what was presented.

Thanks again Christine ! ( regards to Terry ) Are Sheila, Tim,Dennis and Jim going to Hawaii also ?

Thanks again Sal!

Yes the old crew will be there again along with a bunch of newbies. Only three more lifetimes of sailing for us to be invited, how bout you?

Great ideas always come from great minds.

Happy Sailing!

Thank you Christinelee. I am considering the Golden Princess for a cruise to Alaska. The menus and information your provided as been very helpful. I appreciate it. :D

Thank you for your kind words plattwear.

We are Princess through and through.

Happy Sailing!

Thank you Patto1000 for your thoughts and kind words.

I don't know how I missed you.

Happy Sailing!

No really.....thank you for all your efforts

We sail on sun princess on nov 11th from Sydney on our first ever cruise and your thread has been a fantastic insight for us so thanks again :)

Kindest regards

Mark and Angela

No really.....thank you for all your efforts

We sail on sun princess on nov 11th from Sydney on our first ever cruise and your thread has been a fantastic insight for us so thanks again :)

Kindest regards

Mark and Angela

What a fantastic cruise for your first. Hope you enjoy and the waters beneath us some day flow together.

Happy Cruising!

Dear Christinelee, We are first time Princess cruisers...over 30 NCL cruises and roll calls. This is, however, the most informative and most satisfying posts I have ever seen. We are cruising for 4 days on the Golden Princess and can't wait.

I have never been privy to such informative posts. What a pleasure.

I can't thank you enough as you have convinced me to check out my next Princess cruise of 7 or more days.

Thank you again, Eileen

Dear Christinelee, We are first time Princess cruisers...over 30 NCL cruises and roll calls. This is, however, the most informative and most satisfying posts I have ever seen. We are cruising for 4 days on the Golden Princess and can't wait.

I have never been privy to such informative posts. What a pleasure.

I can't thank you enough as you have convinced me to check out my next Princess cruise of 7 or more days.

Thank you again, Eileen

Thank you EileenN,

Glad it helped you and maybe we will see you on future cruises. We are "true blue: Princess fans. There isn't anything that we have not loved on any of our cruises.... true there might have been a few hiccups along the way, but if you give them a chance to right any wrong they will always come through for you.

Happy Cruising!

Just finished reading this thread and can't wait for our cruise to Hawaii next week. The fondue sounds amazing. I've never seen that on a cruise. I hope they have it on our cruise. Thanks for all the hard work putting this thread together.

Denise

Just finished reading this thread and can't wait for our cruise to Hawaii next week. The fondue sounds amazing. I've never seen that on a cruise. I hope they have it on our cruise. Thanks for all the hard work putting this thread together.

Denise

Thanks dtb55,

Let us know about it all when you get back. We go in January. Are you going from LA or San Fran?

Crown Grill

Premium Seafood and Chop House

CHOPS

Our Chops are Thick Cuts from the Ribs of Premium Selected Meat

Sterling Silver Beef Chop

Blackened with Mushrooms and Onions

Madeira-Glazed Wisconsin Veal Chop

Fine Herbs

New Zealand Lamb Rack

Whole Grain Mustard and Rosemary Crust

Porterhouse

The Best of Filet and Sirloin Grilled on the Bone - 22 Ounces

STEAKS

Featuring the Finest Center Cuts from Sterling Silver Corn Fed Beef

New York Strip

Traditional Thick Cut Sirloin - 12 Ounces

Kansas City Strip

Traditional Bone-In Sirloin – 16 Ounces

Rib Eye

Rich with Heavy Marbling – 14 Ounces

Filet Mignon

Classic, Tender and Delicate – 8 Ounces

Served with Choice of Potato and Garden Fresh Vegetables

Loaded Baked Idaho Potato Grilled Asparagus

Garlic and Herb French Fries Creamed Spinach

Red Skin Mashed Potatoes Corn Casserole

Crown Grill Scalloped Potatoes Sautéed Wild Mushrooms

Crown Grill Salt Selection

(Discover The Crown Grill Unique Gourmet Salt Selection, Guaranteed To Complement Our Grilled-To–Order Specialties)

Hawaiian Black Salt

Combined with activated charcoal, this solar evaporated Pacific sea salt has a

Stunning black color, silky texture and natural saline flavor

Smoked Applewood Salt (Yakima)

Sweet Applewood from the Yakima Valley, fuels the fire that flavors this smoked sea salt with a subtle fruit wood taste

Himalayan Mountain Pink Salt

Experience this exotic ingredient that boasts a robust salt and mineral flavor,

which is said to provide many heal benefits and remove toxins from the body

Christine, Do they still have the option to pay extra for a whole lobster? If so, how much is it?

Thank you

Donna

Thanks Christinelee for all your hard work!

Is there a Vines menu (the tapas and sushi) or did I miss it? I know the tapas and sushi are free if you order wine, but I'd like to know what they offer. :)

They change them all of the time....hard to keep up with the changes......sorry!

Happy Cruising!

Crown Grill

Premium Seafood and Chop House

Served with Choice of Potato and Garden Fresh Vegetables

Loaded Baked Idaho Potato Grilled Asparagus

Garlic and Herb French Fries Creamed Spinach

Red Skin Mashed Potatoes Corn Casserole

Crown Grill Scalloped Potatoes Sautéed Wild Mushrooms

Early reports, follow - ups, and confirmations in "Live From" threads all indicate:

No more Scalloped Potatoes in the Crown Grill.

I really wanted to hear otherwise.

Hi, thanks for all the great info! I'm really excited for my first Princess cruise in January on the Star to Hawaii, and for a little bit I was thinking we're on the same cruise! I was wondering if you recall seeing turkey bacon on any of the breakfast/brunch menus? I'm a big fan of the stuff :)