Food, Food, and More Food

christinelee

Hi Christine,

Thank you for all of your work on the various menus! It is much appreciated!

I was on the Grand Princess 10-day out of San Francisco to the Mexican Riviera in September. Here is the menu list from that cruise's special lounge:

Elite, Suite and Platinum Lounge

Grand Princess - One5 Lounge, Deck 15

September 17-27, 2013

September 17

Freshly Made Guacamole with Tortilla Chips

El Mejor Margarita

September 18

Beef Tartare with Melba Toast

Chivas Regal Rob Roy

September 19

Smoked Salmon with Toast Points

Chairman of the Board

September 20

Authentic Mexican Salsa with Tortilla Chips

Mojito

September 21

Wheel of Stilton with Port Wine, Walnut Baguette

House Port

September 22

Herb Marinated Goat’s Cheese with Crisp

Rosemary Flatbread & Tomato Bruschetta

Brezza Marina

September 23

Assorted Sushi with Soy Sauce, Wasabi & Ginger

Japanese Slipper

September 24

Shrimp Fountain with American Cocktail Sauce

Cosmopolitan

Sept. 25 - Closed

Princess Captain’s Circle Cocktail Party in Vista Lounge

September 26

Freshly Made Guacamole with Tortilla Chips

El Mejor Margarita

Happy cruising to you!:cool:

Thank you CrusinContessa!

I must really love the Princess Food........ anytime someone else does the cooking.......and cleaning up afterwards.......I'm there!

Happy Cruising!

We sailed the Sun in 2003 and 2005....what a great Princess ship.....We loved the warm feeling of all the Princess ships.....it is almost like going to a class reunion......you walk in wondering if you will see anyone you know, and go home feeling that you remembered everyone.

Happy Cruising!

Yes, thank you! I can see my husband and I will be trying a lot of things we've never heard of or never seen! :)

Thank you bitsey66!

That is one of the joys of cruising......all of the different types of food you can try.

Hope you have a safe and wonderful journey.

Happy Sailing!

We are travelling on Dawn Princess in a couple of weeks and I am curious to see how the menus may be modified. Lamb is expensive in Australia, steak not so much so I am looking forward to trying it out. Going to have to do double sessions at the gym so I don't waste all my recent gym efforts. :p

We are travelling on Dawn Princess in a couple of weeks and I am curious to see how the menus may be modified. Lamb is expensive in Australia, steak not so much so I am looking forward to trying it out. Going to have to do double sessions at the gym so I don't waste all my recent gym efforts. :p

They should be the same, but that does make me curious also.

Keep us posted Pushka.

Happy Cruising!

Christine - some one sent me pics of the menu of our three day trip. I intend to put them on the Princess site as a separate thread, but I though you might want to put them on here as well. If it would be ok, I will down load them here. If you would like to pic them up when I finish that would be ok as well.

Christine - some one sent me pics of the menu of our three day trip. I intend to put them on the Princess site as a separate thread, but I though you might want to put them on here as well. If it would be ok, I will down load them here. If you would like to pic them up when I finish that would be ok as well.

Thanks AZbeachboy!

That is so kind of you.

Happy Cruising!

Three Day Cruise

Day 1:

Ist Night Page One

Princess Dinner

Appetizer

Warm Crab and Artichoke Dip with Warm Baguettes

Spiced with Old Bay Spice and Dijon Mustard

Applewood Smoked Duck Breast

With zesty cranberry-blackberry relish and baby green salad

Trio of Cantaloupe , Honeydew and Watermelon

Doused with vintage port and lime zest

Always Aavailable

Shrimp Cocktail

An American Classic with horseradish-spiked cocktail sauce

Classic Cesar Salad

Grilled Salomon with Herb and Lemon compound butter

Vegetable of the day and Parsley Potatoes

Pan-seared Corm-Fed Chicken with thyme jus

Lightly seasoned boneless breast with vegetable of the day and roast potatoes

Green Beef Filet Medallions, Green Peppercorn Sauce

Market fresh vegetables and roast potatoes

Spice-rubbed Tri-Tip Roast

Marinated choice American beef, slow roasted, served medium well with

Chimichurri or BBQ sauce, vegetables of the day and steak fries.

Princess Sirloin Beef Burger topped with Stilton and Sautéed Wild Mushroom

Ground fresh daily, cooked to order and served with Gourmet Fries

Hi Christine

Just been reading through the thread again and it's brilliant to read back on

It's only 10 days now till we sail on sun princess and your hard work on this thread have been fantastic and a great way for us to have an idea what to expect regarding the food on our first ever cruise

Thank you so much again

Kind regards

Mark and Angela

Hi Christine

Just been reading through the thread again and it's brilliant to read back on

It's only 10 days now till we sail on sun princess and your hard work on this thread have been fantastic and a great way for us to have an idea what to expect regarding the food on our first ever cruise

Thank you so much again

Kind regards

Mark and Angela

Thanks again Patto1000!

Just remember to take time to enjoy and let some of the cruising experience come to you. Anticipation of your cruise is at least have of the joy of sailing. You will never be able to do everything there is to do or have the time. That is one of the things that make the next one so exciting. Also remember if any problems arise they can't fix or try to help you fix them if they don't know about the problem(s). Best of luck and as always....................

Happy Cruising!

Thanks again Patto1000!

Just remember to take time to enjoy and let some of the cruising experience come to you. Anticipation of your cruise is at least have of the joy of sailing. You will never be able to do everything there is to do or have the time. That is one of the things that make the next one so exciting. Also remember if any problems arise they can't fix or try to help you fix them if they don't know about the problem(s). Best of luck and as always....................

Happy Cruising!

Thanks Christine for you advice it is much appreciated to us newbies lol

Can't wait to go......even if slightly apprehensive on what to expect

Kind regards

Mark and Angela

Hi, thanks for all the great info! I'm really excited for my first Princess cruise in January on the Star to Hawaii, and for a little bit I was thinking we're on the same cruise! I was wondering if you recall seeing turkey bacon on any of the breakfast/brunch menus? I'm a big fan of the stuff :)

I saw turkey bacon on the brunch menu on Carnival. I have yet to sail with Princess however, I will be in May 2014 :-) Enjoy your cruise in January. :D

Christine, To Alaska from Seattle Inside Passage with Glacier Bay. Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, and Victoria, BC are the ports. It is a surprise Christmas gift for a family member. :D

What a great surprise and gift!

You must really love your family!

Have a great holiday season as always................

Happy Cruising!

Huge thank you for the effort this took.

I am on my first Princess Cruise in a month (Dec 14th) and the first ever cruise for my BF and this has helped us figure out what types of food is offered. I am somewhat of a foodie and with the holiday season upon us I was worried we wouldnt get any holiday type treats, but I do see them pop up here and there.

Anyone have the sample menus from the 4 day getaway cruises from Ft. Lauderdale?

a food thread and we are talking about turkey bacon!!!!!!!! please please folks do not cruise! its not for you princess food is outstanding NUMBER 1 being the escargot. If you are gaging at this stage dont cruise. Please do not try to make them offer you toufu bacon. 98% of us do not want to be subjected to the sight of it! WE love crusing and we are in good health and weight we cruise for fine cusine and NOT for a healthy diet!

Huge thank you for the effort this took.

I am on my first Princess Cruise in a month (Dec 14th) and the first ever cruise for my BF and this has helped us figure out what types of food is offered. I am somewhat of a foodie and with the holiday season upon us I was worried we wouldnt get any holiday type treats, but I do see them pop up here and there.

Anyone have the sample menus from the 4 day getaway cruises from Ft. Lauderdale?

We also love cruising.....especially Princess, can you tell?

Hope you and yours have a great cruise and especially find what is right for you.

Happy Cruising!