Food, Food, and More Food

christinelee

Yes, it will just be me and my mom. She is the best and this cruise is on her bucket list. :-D

She must be...........We think she really knows how to put together a "Bucket List"..... You both will enjoy....just remember if you have a problem ....give them a chance to fix it, and sit back and enjoy!

Happy Sailing!

Great thread thanks for all your hard work. Hopefully someone will add a 7-Day Caribbean on The Royal for MDR. I know the dinner menus are pretty consistent but would love to see them in order of specific formal nights etc.

Thank you gracie65!

It truly was a labor of love. Hope someone will help you out before your Royal Trip.

Happy Sailing!

Hi! Does anyone have any sample menus for gluten free meal? Also about the food in the International Cafe, do they charge for food from there? I already know they charge for the coffee, but if the charge for the food, how much do they usually charge? Thank you

IC charges for coffee and gelato. Otherwise everything else is free!

Sali

There are no specific menus for gluten free meals. One of the head waiters will bring you the next days menus and you can choose what you want which will then be prepared for you. Do identify yourself as needing GF meals before your cruise as this will ease your way. Look at the standard menus (this is a great thread for that) and that will give you a heads up of what you might wish to have modified. Personally I would avoid the buffet as your fellow cruisers practice cross contamination regularly. Shrimp being picked up with the tongs from the chicken and vice versa.

Hi! Does anyone have any sample menus for gluten free meal? Also about the food in the International Cafe, do they charge for food from there? I already know they charge for the coffee, but if the charge for the food, how much do they usually charge? Thank you

Everything is handled when you tell Princess (Cruise Personalizer) or meet with the Maitre 'd after boarding. They will go over what is available to your mother on a day by day basis.

No charge in the International café, except for Gelato on ships that serve it.

Happy Sailing!

You show Ruby 2011, and Emerald 2011, and Grand 2014. Which Princess cruise ship are these from? :)

They are the newest menus on all Princess Ships. They change by each different cruise by shuffling the menus and maybe a tweak here and there. Sail away is always sail away and the Captain's Welcome is always a formal night. Other than that it is up to the Head Chef and Maitre 'd what order they are put into.

All from 2013 and forward. They do not change menus every year....only the order in which they are presented on each ship and itinerary.

Happy Sailing!

Edited by christinelee

This is NOT what I wanted to read while waiting for my lunch hour :mad:

Now, when I will finally be able to go to McDonalds or something, I have to recall stuff I read here.

It is truly one of the joys of Cruising.....the food.

Hope you have one planned soon.

Happy Cruising!

We've just had Italian night on a current Australian cruise and I can see some similarities in the menu but also a few modifications.

Modifications are made by the Head Chef , Maitre 'd and Food Services. They can change for any number of reasons.....ie......availability of certain foods, food taste of majority of passengers are the most common ones. The next major changes will come in 2015 0r 2016

Thank you for your insight.

Happy Cruising!

Thank you so very much for this post. We traveled on NCL this past year because we were feeling a little stale with Princess. Though we loved the suite life on NCL we will be back to Princess for 2014 & 2015. We are very pleased with the menu changes. We are going with another couple next year and will love introducing them to the sweet life of a Princess cruise. David is a huge eater, he loves food (thin as a rail, I hate him :)) and he can't wait for our trip.

Thanks again.

Thank you so very much for this post. We traveled on NCL this past year because we were feeling a little stale with Princess. Though we loved the suite life on NCL we will be back to Princess for 2014 & 2015. We are very pleased with the menu changes. We are going with another couple next year and will love introducing them to the sweet life of a Princess cruise. David is a huge eater, he loves food (thin as a rail, I hate him :)) and he can't wait for our trip.

Thanks again.

Thank you latebloomer56!

We too are late life travelers.... after raising 6 children and all that goes with the trials and tribulations of parenting.......Grand children are truly your reward! Welcome back to the "bright-side" of cruising (Princess). As you can tell, we have been hooked on Princess from the very start and will probably stay forever. My DH is also a foodie, but it shows on him....lol!

Happy Cruising!

• 3 weeks later...

Just to report back on an Australian cruise. The same meals were onboard as well. In fact, many of us call things here by different terms and often we had to ask the waiter what meal actually was.

In Australia our courses are called Appetisers, Entrees, Mains, and Deserts. In that order. Salads are served with mains as a side dish. So for us, the menus don't make a lot of sense. :p

The Princess deserts were lovely and much nicer than RCL which looked nice but didn't really live up to the look. And the Bombe Alaska on the last night was yummy even though I limited myself to just a spoon.

We enjoyed every single meal.

The Horizon Court was exceptional as a buffet. You really knew you were at sea.

Edited by Pushka

Just to report back on an Australian cruise. The same meals were onboard as well. In fact, many of us call things here by different terms and often we had to ask the waiter what meal actually was.

In Australia our courses are called Appetisers, Entrees, Mains, and Deserts. In that order. Salads are served with mains as a side dish. So for us, the menus don't make a lot of sense. :p

The Princess deserts were lovely and much nicer than RCL which looked nice but didn't really live up to the look. And the Bombe Alaska on the last night was yummy even though I limited myself to just a spoon.

We enjoyed every single meal.

The Horizon Court was exceptional as a buffet. You really knew you were at sea.

Thanks for the report back, Pushka!

Glad that you enjoyed the food, after you were able to figure what they were.

We too enjoy all of the Princess food, hence this thread.

Happy Sailing!

• 3 weeks later...
We will be on the Grand Princess in about three weeks and were curious as to the beverages available at the buffets. I'm talking about things like punch, iced tea, lemonade.

I also live little cartons of chocolate milk in the morning, is this available? thanks

Coffee, tea, water and lemonade.

Juices and milk in the morning.

Happy Sailing!

• 2 weeks later...