How to keep sane with a teenage daughter in your inside cabin

We have only had an inside cabin once .. We are a party on 3... We have teenage boy. We had no chair or couch since we had Pullmans. We didn't care for it at all. I'm not sure what I disliked more... No couch... Having inside cabin or worse being at the bottom of the boat.... Lol. Once you get used to a balcony its hard to go back so I guess I'm alittle spoiled so I think that was my deal.

What a wonderful thread! My "teenage daughter" is now a 40 year old mother of 3 little boys. The memories brought back from these post are priceless. She is such a great little mother and a loving "adult daughter", so glad I did not throw her over board!:D

I am sure I will look back with fond memories too, just need to get there!!! She's lovely really, and its nice to see they're all the same :D

This is where having two teens, and putting them in their OWN room away from you is a very good thing!

Lacking that--yeah you are getting plenty of good advice. What I only saw mentioned a couple of times, but really works for us is not trying to have everyone in the room at once getting ready.

In the mornings, odds are the adults (though in our family it is the kids :rolleyes:) will be awake earlier than the teen. Get up and get dressed, wake her as you head out the door to breakfast--so she can get ready with the cabin to herself. Bring back a pastry or some fruit for her to munch if you have somewhere to be and she will not have time to eat at that point.

At night, get ready for diner earlier in the evening--maybe while she is in a teen program--then head off for drinks out while she, once again, has the room to herself to get ready.

etc.

my lovely 18 yr old daughter had brought.....25 FREAKING PAIRS OF SHOES for a 9 day vacation.

My DD16 literally does not own that many pairs of shoes! :p (now, we will not talk about how many books, in addition to a kindle, she hauls onto ships :rolleyes:)

Re Shoes - My teen son has more shoes than his sister and he has adult size 14 feet so

My son has more shoes than his sister too! He wears a 13. The kids have learned to pack her shoes inside of his shoes-they have figured out they can cooperate in packing and get a lot more stuff into their 2 suitcases (one each).

Thank you all for reminding me to be happy about having a hyperactive 4 year old boy.

When I or hubby think it would be nice to give him a little sister I can think of this and remember that one day they all turn into teenagers.

That's enough to put me off more kids.:p:p

We have done a week, but next month we have two weeks. husband snores (but that's ok he can sleep on deck :)) but I know for sure a fortnight with our daughter spending hours getting ready, clothes all over the place, hair stuff, make up, shoes, the works, will drive me insane.

I will tell her that if she doesn't tidy the room of her stuff every day I will throw her clothes overboard. It looks like we have Pullman beds In our room (will we still get sofa??) so the other pullman would be a good spare for stuff.

Any other good space saver ideas. Or if you are a family how do you rota the shower?

Sounds like a great vacation!!!

Archived