gifts & gear cake--specialty restaurant?

I have the Gifts and Gear order form in front of me. I am hoping to order a cake for my dad's birthday for our cruise on BOS in October. There's the option for delivery to stateroom and dining (MDR).

Is there a way to have a cake delivered to a specialty restaurant? We have a lunch reserved at Giovanni's on the day of his birthday, not sure where we will be dining for dinner (his birthday falls on a formal night and he's not into that so we will not be in MDR, I know that for sure). I know if we tell the waiter he/she will bring something out with a candle but since it's a "big" birthday (60. and reason for the cruise--which is also a surprise) I was hoping to get a full sized cake.

Just wondering!

I have the Gifts and Gear order form in front of me. I am hoping to order a cake for my dad's birthday for our cruise on BOS in October. There's the option for delivery to stateroom and dining (MDR).

Is there a way to have a cake delivered to a specialty restaurant? We have a lunch reserved at Giovanni's on the day of his birthday, not sure where we will be dining for dinner (his birthday falls on a formal night and he's not into that so we will not be in MDR, I know that for sure). I know if we tell the waiter he/she will bring something out with a candle but since it's a "big" birthday (60. and reason for the cruise--which is also a surprise) I was hoping to get a full sized cake.

Just wondering!

I would talk to the Head Waiter on the first night. That request can be easily arranged.

Thank you, Ray. However, we won't be eating in the MDR. :o

Even though you have made the decision to not eat in the MDR, when you made your booking you were assigned either Traditional dining at either the early or late seating and 2 weeks prior to boarding you will be assigned a table which will appear on your SeaPass card at check-in.. Your confirmation will tell you what dining time you've been assigned to.

Once on board, you should go to the MDR and see the Dining Room Coordinator and let them know you won't be eating in the MDR so that they can release your table to accommodate other pax that may want your dining time.

It would be at this time that you can let them know that you would like the cake you ordered to be delivered to another dining venue.

I ordered a cake for my husband's birthday one year. I did it after I got on board, that day. Since we had reservations at Chops on his birthday, I asked if it could be delievered there and they said yes. They just needed to know what day and time our reservation was.

I usually order my cakes (etc. etc.) from Gifts-n-Gear directly with them over the phone..Very easy to do just have your credit card ready and all your reservation info and they will handle all the specifics for you and send you a confirmation e-mail.

(800) 722-5443

Thank you everyone.

I will call Gifts and Gear to see if they can arrange the cake at Giovanni's and if not, I will see if they can arrange it when I get on board.

As for the MDR; we have My Time dining so we won't be wasting a table if we don't show up. :o

Archived