Food expectations on the Jewel?

BirdandBaby

Sounds like all the low and mid-price lines (and maybe even the higher end as far as I know) have gone to mass-produced, more-or-less highly processed food, both to save money and to serve ever-larger ship populations.

Sorry again - but not true. They use a huge amiunt of fresh ingredients - meats, fish and vegetables. When they arent able to store these for long periods then they do of course use frozen products - however there are very few "processed" foods being used.

If you believe that to be the case then when they do a food demo ask the Exec chef for a tour and express your concerns - they will show you

I have always found the food to be "ok" on NCL ships.....but am wondering about your comment on the idea that the specialty restaurants do NOT have a separate kitchen.....as I seem to recall that Cagney's does have an "open" kitchen right in the dining room? Although I may be getting older than I think!

So...IF my recollections are correct...would that mean that at least Cagney's had a different kitchen and therefore possible "better" quality/cuts, etc? Just curious as we have always frequented Cagneys on numerous times each cruise....

But I do agree with you that some lines fare better in different catagories....and in the end.....I have also NEVER gone hungry!

Thanks for your input from someone who KNOWS large quantity preparations! Just curious about your thoughts on Cagneys...

You're right - forgot about Cagneys! Yep, all cooked to order, fresh!

Archived