Has anyone rented car from Mistral in Cannes?

llarsen

Hi,

Our travel companions just reserved a car online from Mistral in Cannes. It says "full coverage" is included on the website with no way to decline it, but they are unsure what "full coverage" includes.

They are covered under their own vehicle insurance as long as they declide the addtional coverage.

Way to go! Glad your group rented a car. It will make your day much more efficient. I really hated the thought of your waiting around for all those buses! And you will be able to get to so many more places. St Paul de Vence???

On the subject of insurance, full coverage would mean full collision, theft, etc. See if you can pull up the rental contract at the website. You might be able to decline it when you pick it up. We have rented from Mistral at the Nice airport and took our own insurance. but we always rent for a few days. If it isn't a lot more $ for a day rental, take it. It will make life easier if you need it.

Thanks Marazul!

I am happy to say that we are actually renting in St Tropez, Cannes and Monte Carlo!

I didn't want our friends to worry about driving in a foreign place, but they are the ones that made the reservations!

In St Tropez we are going to try and see Ramatuelle, Gassin, Cogolin, and Grimaud or whatever works out.

In Cannes we are going to St Paul de Vence, Nice and Antibes

In Monte Carlo we are going to Cap Ferrat, Villafranche and Eze.

I'm so excited! Now lets just hope the weather is perfect mid October!

Thanks Marazul!

I am happy to say that we are actually renting in St Tropez, Cannes and Monte Carlo!

I didn't want our friends to worry about driving in a foreign place, but they are the ones that made the reservations!

In St Tropez we are going to try and see Ramatuelle, Gassin, Cogolin, and Grimaud or whatever works out.

In Cannes we are going to St Paul de Vence, Nice and Antibes

In Monte Carlo we are going to Cap Ferrat, Villafranche and Eze.

I'm so excited! Now lets just hope the weather is perfect mid October!

Great. You deserve perfect weather after all the work you have done.

For your day in Monaco, I still recommend going to Villefranche first, then Cap Ferrat (the Villa Ephrussi opens at 10) and Eze. You might also find the Villa Kerylos interesting. It is in Beaulieu around 5 minutes away from Cap Ferrat. And let me throw a little suggestion if you have a lot of extra time when you are in Monaco. Menton is 25 minutes East. The Eastern most town in France on the Med and a real nice place to visit.

Yes we are going to Villefranche, Cap Ferrat to see Villa Ephrussi, do a little walking on the trails and then to Eze. (thanks for the recommendation)

I've heard of Menton, I'm sure we will have time to check it out. We are in port til 10pm and can return the car after hours.

Thanks again!

Yes we are going to Villefranche, Cap Ferrat to see Villa Ephrussi, do a little walking on the trails and then to Eze. (thanks for the recommendation)

I've heard of Menton, I'm sure we will have time to check it out. We are in port til 10pm and can return the car after hours.

Thanks again!

Menton is a great plavce to visit..I have stayed there for a bit.Easy to get around,and lovely walk in the old part of town as well.

Archived