Klavierdisk on piano in Celebrity Penthouse

svnseas

Have PS1616 booked for September 23rd, and want to bring some of disks for the piano. However, seems there are several models and styles. Does anyone know what Model player and/or type disks are required? Is there a wide assortment of disks in the room?

thnx in advance

Harry

Harry

You do not say which ship. We were in 1611 on Eclipse at New Year. Do not know what type of disks you need but I do know that the only disk available was the demo disk. The player in our suite did not work properly. A few people [butler and officers] tried but it rarely did what it should.

Sue

Edited by Project_gal

Harry

You do not say which ship. We were in 1611 on Eclipse at New Year. Do not know what type of disks you need but I do know that the only disk available was the demo disk. The player in our suite did not work properly. A few people [butler and officers] tried but it rarely did what it should.

Sue

Mea culpa. Celebrity Solstice. Your experiences does not bode well for us. :(

Thnx anyway.

Harry

The piano is a Yamaha DiskLavier. I have one in my home. I've only seen one disk in any of the pianos. I think maybe they don't have the disks because the pianos are VERY loud and can be heard in adjoining cabins.

Edited by kitty9

The piano is a Yamaha DiskLavier. I have one in my home.

Thanks Darcie ... are there more than one type of disk available ? When looking to buy a few, it seems all seller's issue a caveat about getting the right one for your player.

H

The piano is a Yamaha DiskLavier. I have one in my home. I've only seen one disk in any of the pianos. I think maybe they don't have the disks because the pianos are VERY loud and can be heard in adjoining cabins.

The one thing I did learn was how to turn the volume down! You do have to crawl underneather the piano to reach the volume control but they do not have to be loud.

It is beginning to sound as though there is not a lot of player piano expertise on board an ship.

Sue

[ATTACH]280852[/ATTACH]

Here is a pic of the disk we bought and used in the penthouse a few times. Yamaha Smart, Piano soft disk. You can order any type of music online for about $10-$15 each.

Thnx so VERY much . now if only the damn player works and the piano is reasonably in tune.

Harry

[ATTACH]280852[/ATTACH]

Here is a pic of the disk we bought and used in the penthouse a few times. Yamaha Smart, Piano soft disk. You can order any type of music online for about $10-$15 each.

Wow, been a while since I saw one of those 3.5" floppy disks!

Wow, been a while since I saw one of those 3.5" floppy disks!

Just had a clear out last week and dumped about 100. Had to throw their storage cases as well because I could not think of what on earth they could be used for now.

Sue

Personally, I think the pianos are a complete waste of space. They usually don't work and to be quite honest, I have to believe most people on a cruise are not going to listen to a player piano. I am sure some bright person at Celebrity could come up with a better use of that space.

Mark

Personally, I think the pianos are a complete waste of space. They usually don't work and to be quite honest, I have to believe most people on a cruise are not going to listen to a player piano. I am sure some bright person at Celebrity could come up with a better use of that space.

Mark

Everyone is entitled to an opinion ... no matter how obtuse it might be. Since both my wife and I play, it is not necessary that the player 'works" ... and I rcvd in today's mail several disks of Debussy, Beethoven, and Grieg to fill in our quiet afternoons with Cream Sherry (for my wife) and a Hendrick's Martini (for myself). We are firm believers that good things come to those who do good ... so we fully expect the piano to be in tune and the player working.

"My mind to me a kingdom is, wherein I oftimes dwell."

H

Everyone is entitled to an opinion ... no matter how obtuse it might be. Since both my wife and I play, it is not necessary that the player 'works" ... and I rcvd in today's mail several disks of Debussy, Beethoven, and Grieg to fill in our quiet afternoons with Cream Sherry (for my wife) and a Hendrick's Martini (for myself). We are firm believers that good things come to those who do good ... so we fully expect the piano to be in tune and the player working.

H

In all the times we've had a piano in the room, it's been tuned fine and the player worked fine. They usually provide 2-3 disk in the room too.

Mea culpa. Celebrity Solstice. Your experiences does not bode well for us. :(

Thnx anyway.

Harry

Harry, we will be in 1616 in November. Would appreciate pics and any info you can provide on the condition and service! ken2048ataoldotcom.

• 1 month later...

H

Can you provide the ordering instructions for the disks? It would be nice to have a few additional disks for use during the cruise. Thank you.

Can you provide the ordering instructions for the disks? It would be nice to have a few additional disks for use during the cruise. Thank you.

For some reason, just rcvd notice of this post this morning - I unregistered from this thread awhile back. I just Googled Yamaha Klavierplayer Disks and selected a few used disks - thinking that (since I have no use for them) I'll just leave them onboard. Hopefully we will have different disks in each PS and can exchange. See you onboard. :)

Was wondering why you are not considering joining four of us in Minivan to Ensenada and bypassing the chaos at the San Diego Pier ?? Alice & I will start out from Encinitas - where we live. We are picking up Murf (Aloha of the Seas) at Wyndham Bayside @11:30 and s/b on board by 1:30 - before the buses even start to arrive. :confused:

Harry

I have sent an email to the company and inquired if a vehicle is available that would comfortably accommodate the entire group (5 - 6 pax) and our luggage. I suspect they will reach out to you as you hold the reservation. If they can, it will be a very nice way to begin the cruise. If not, please do not worry. We will just look forward to seeing you on board.

I plan to order the disks today. Thank you for the tip and the information.

Wrote limo company to enquire if they have something between the minivan and 12-passenger stretch limo. We'll see. IF something works out, I suggest a pickup at 11:30 AM at Wyndham Bayside where we are picking up

Murf (Aloha of the Seas). We are presently FOUR and there would be SIX plus luggage if you were to join us. Otherwise, perhaps it is best financially just to use the small vehicle which would be more than ample for the two of you plus luggage.

Re: disks. You probably are not going to like MY selections. :confused: I have a PhD in Music and prefer the old classics, opera and good contemporary (classical) music. In fact, I plan to bring a few opera DVDs since our dear friend, Pam, who is accompanying me to assist in looking after Alice who is suffering from dementia, is a retired opera dramatic soprano who has sung at Lincoln Center, Seattle, Darmstadt, LA, and lots of houses throughout Europe. :)

H

Wrote limo company to enquire if they have something between the minivan and 12-passenger stretch limo. We'll see. IF something works out, I suggest a pickup at 11:30 AM at Wyndham Bayside where we are picking up

Murf (Aloha of the Seas). We are presently FOUR and there would be SIX plus luggage if you were to join us. Otherwise, perhaps it is best financially just to use the small vehicle which would be more than ample for the two of you plus luggage.

Re: disks. You probably are not going to like MY selections. :confused: I have a PhD in Music and prefer the old classics, opera and good contemporary (classical) music. In fact, I plan to bring a few opera DVDs since our dear friend, Pam, who is accompanying me to assist in looking after Alice who is suffering from dementia, is a retired opera dramatic soprano who has sung at Lincoln Center, Seattle, Darmstadt, LA, and lots of houses throughout Europe. :)

H

For some reason my posts are not posting! I spoke with Tareq and will meet you at the Wyndham to form a two car convoy. I have requested a mini van. If we are unable to meet at the Wyndham, I will see you on board.

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH]280852[/ATTACH]

This is great, but my eyes just cant read it and when i blow up it gets illegible!

Any more specifics from the disk or a link to website. The site i found sems to insist on plugging in a model number...