Single cabins- Spirit

My mum stayed in one when cruising with us and I don't like them - they are very small and down in the depths of the ship. Considering the extortionate amount charged for them I personally think they are poor value. I am a committed thomson cruiser with my husband by the way. It's just the single cabins I don't like.

Thanks Gill, as a solo cruiser ,I half knew what your answer would be :( .I have however booked a single cabin ,they say its an upgrade to an outside :rolleyes:,I,ve cruised with many different cruiselines but thought because of such good reports of Thomsons would give them a try and its leaving from Liverpool,which makes it easier.:)

Thanks Gill, as a solo cruiser ,I half knew what your answer would be :( .I have however booked a single cabin ,they say its an upgrade to an outside :rolleyes:,I,ve cruised with many different cruiselines but thought because of such good reports of Thomsons would give them a try and its leaving from Liverpool,which makes it easier.:)
Hi Popsy Wopsy, I believe you were on the Braemar a few years ago when we did the French Collection. I can't offer any advice on single cabins, but we had a wonderful cruise to the Adriatic on the Spirit two years ago. It is a nice ship and I think you will have a good time. What itinerary are you doing?

Thanks Gill, as a solo cruiser ,I half knew what your answer would be :( .I have however booked a single cabin ,they say its an upgrade to an outside :rolleyes:,I've cruised with many different cruiselines but thought because of such good reports of Thomsons would give them a try and its leaving from Liverpool,which makes it easier.:)
Hi Popsy Wopsy, I believe you were on the Braemar a few years ago when we did the French Collection. I can't offer any advice on single cabins, but we had a wonderful cruise to the Adriatic on the Spirit two years ago. It is a nice ship and I think you will have a good time. What itinerary are you doing?

Hi Linda, yes we did ,isn,t Braemar a nice ship but such a long drag to Dover,I,m going on the Spirit ,Celtic Collection, Dublin-Cobh-Galway- Greenock-Douglas,been to them all except Galway,I love the IOM and Greenock has a great shopping centre,Ireland is a favorite of mine,whilst in Cobh ,going on the Blarney Castle tour,don,t know about kissing the stone though-looks painful:D.

I have noticed Thomsons tours are cheaper than Freds..

I,m on Boudicca out of Liverpool on the 26th. of this month for 5 days-Cobh-Dublin.

Thank you Gill about the cabin ,perhaps because the inside single is a bit grotty,they are doing outsides .I really don,t spend much time in the cabin but it will be nice to have a porthole for better light.:)

Just back from 2 weeks on the Spirit in a single outside. 589, so on Deck 3 right at the end.

Personally I didn't find it too noisy, certainly nothing worse than I expected. A bit noisy when going in to port but that was it. I was only woken up three times, all around 5:30am during the 13 nights.

Cabin wasn't too small, bathroom was a bit cramped but I'm 6'5 so that's expected.

Two minor complaints;

Two single beds instead of a double bed despite it being sold as a single. I didn't understand that.

No desk, just a drawer stuck on the wall.

Aside from that, for the limited amount of time I was in there it suited perfectly fine. Enough wardrobe space for me and cupboards for other things that didn't need hanging.

Yes I,ve been in a few single cabins with 2 single beds,I use it as a settee.

I,ve also booked round Britain on the Spirit Aug. 14 ,thats an inside.

After a very cross communication with Olsen last week ,I,m afraid his loss is Thomsons gain.:)

Archived