Scrapbooking on board?

MtnBikerFallDown

I read in another thread something about scrapbooking (and ceramics) being an extra charge. I am a scrapbook nut, so interested to find out what kind of scrapbooking they offer on Princess. Just booked our first Princess cruise, but on Royal Caribbean, they just had the stuff out and if you were a beginner they'd help you work on your page. Nothing fancy, but it was a fun group. What do they offer on Princess? Thanks so much!

I am a scrapbooker, too, and only saw it offered on our Hawaii cruise - which was in 2010 (I think) and the scrapbooking there was free.

there was minimal supplies, but assistance was available and pleasant.

I've seen the ceramics offered on almost all of our cruises.

Best thing to do is to ask any of the cruise staff (the more senior, the better) and request it if it isn't offered. They may also sell scrapbooking kits at the photo gallery separately.

I really hope they have one, even if it is just a basics. I so enjoyed meeting other scrappers on our cruises. My mom would go with me and have a frozen margarita. She rarely drinks, so she churned out some interesting pages. LOL!!! :D

OH, and thanks for mentioning asking for a class. I honestly never even thought about that. But, most cruise staff will just bend over backwards to help, so that might work! Yay! Thank you!!!

[SIZE=4]DW has gone to a few sessions over the years. The ones she has gone to have been but on by third party vendors (however last September the vendor who put it on had had the airline loose all their material) and there is some pressure to buy their material. That said she has always picked up a few ideas.[/SIZE]

I am an avid scrapper and card maker. You will find the scrapbooking classes a waste of your time. They are for the total novice that has never seen a scrapbook page in their lives. Last time I cruised, which was in the summer months, they had us making Christmas cards because that was all the paper they had. Don't get too excited over it. :(

[quote name='Putterdude'][SIZE=4]DW has gone to a few sessions over the years. The ones she has gone to have been but on by third party vendors (however last September the vendor who put it on had had the airline loose all their material) and there is some pressure to buy their material. That said she has always picked up a few ideas.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Oh, I am not good at that. I hate to admit it, but I totally cave to sales pressure. I guess I'll have to peek and see what they are having and by whom!

[quote name='NauticalNelle']I am an avid scrapper and card maker. You will find the scrapbooking classes a waste of your time. They are for the total novice that has never seen a scrapbook page in their lives. Last time I cruised, which was in the summer months, they had us making Christmas cards because that was all the paper they had. Don't get too excited over it. :([/QUOTE]

Now I'm hearing "Christmas in the Caribbean" by Jimmy Buffett. LOL!!
If if turns out to be that kind of class, I'll just socialize!

There was a special on the Ruby in April whereby you got a scrapbooking album if you bought all 3 embarkation photos ....not sure if it was free or at a reduced price. I did not notice anything in the patter about scrapbooking classes.

I am interested also. I was even thinking of bringing some card-making supplies (kits ready to go) on my next cruise. Thought it would be fun to make cards at a table with an ocean-view. Maybe if I mention it on my roll call, someone else would join me? I make cards for Operation Write Home, and could possibly bring enough kits for other experienced card makers to help me assemble. I'm thinking of the Grand Princess next April (Calif Coastal). Does anyone know if there would be some place with tables overlooking the ocean where it would be ok to do something like that?
~Joan

[quote name='sjcivilady']I am interested also. I was even thinking of bringing some card-making supplies (kits ready to go) on my next cruise. Thought it would be fun to make cards at a table with an ocean-view. Maybe if I mention it on my roll call, someone else would join me? I make cards for Operation Write Home, and could possibly bring enough kits for other experienced card makers to help me assemble. I'm thinking of the Grand Princess next April (Calif Coastal). Does anyone know if there would be some place with tables overlooking the ocean where it would be ok to do something like that?
~Joan[/QUOTE]

That would be so fun! I bet you can find a lounge or something that isn't in use and go for it!

Archived