What is the charge for Internet usage on the Zuiderdam?

tripman

I never thought I would do it, but because we are selling our house, we have to be able to get in touch with our real estate agent, so I must check email while on the Zuiderdam.

Could someone tell me how much internet usage costs on the Zuiderdam?

Thanks

On a pay-as-you-go basis, it's 75 cents per minute. You can get packages. 100 minutes for $55, and 250 minutes is (I believe) $100. Most ports have Internet cafes, and they're much cheaper. Just ask when you go ashore.

On a pay-as-you-go basis, it's 75 cents per minute. You can get packages. 100 minutes for $55, and 250 minutes is (I believe) $100. Most ports have Internet cafes, and they're much cheaper. Just ask when you go ashore.

There is also a one time 'start up charge' of $3.95.

Usually the last day of the cruise, special rates are offered which are very reasonable.

I saw Dial-up is available for $.50 per minute but I am unsure where you dial. Do you call your regular dial up number and, if so, do other phone charges apply? I do not have AOL but forpurposes of understanding, might as well pretend I am an AOL user. Would I dial the usual AOL number or is there a special ship number?

I saw Dial-up is available for $.50 per minute but I am unsure where you dial. Do you call your regular dial up number and, if so, do other phone charges apply? I do not have AOL but forpurposes of understanding, might as well pretend I am an AOL user. Would I dial the usual AOL number or is there a special ship number?

No, the dial-up is to a number on-board which uses the same connection as the wireless or the internet cafe...

No, the dial-up is to a number on-board which uses the same connection as the wireless or the internet cafe...

Cost wise, I think you'd be better off paying the 75 cents a minute - the connection on the Zuiderdam is surprisingly fast - trying to do things on a 56kb modem line will most likely run your charges up just as much as using the highspeed to connect and send e-mail.

Archived