Carnival share holders OBC and Getaway fares

Teresa Price

Hi,

is it true that you do not get your OBC as a Carnival stockholder if you booked a Getaway fare? On a May cruise on QE a man I talked to had the OBC and had paid the getaway rate. We are considering buying stock but confused and really who pays the full price for a cruise nowadays? As a helpful group has anyone got the answer?

Thanks Teresa [who really loved Princess Grill on QE and hopes to do it again]

Hi Teresa. I bought Carnival shares late last year and have twice received OBC with them. Both times I had booked a Getaway fare. I watched my last cruise for over 2 months, waiting for the fare to come down to what I was prepared to pay. Being optimistic, I had requested the share letter in advance. Then, when I booked the cruise 11 days before leaving, I faxed the letter off and my OBC was confirmed immediately. I was very impressed with Carnival over that, as they say you should apply more than 14 days before the cruise leaves.

Thank you for that Fantasy51,

we have been debating for ages - as returns on standard savings are so poor anyway and we cruise quite a bit.

Can you tell me did you send the proof via your TA or direct yourself?

Teresa

Thank you for that Fantasy51,

we have been debating for ages - as returns on standard savings are so poor anyway and we cruise quite a bit.

Can you tell me did you send the proof via your TA or direct yourself?

Teresa

Hi Teresa

You need to e-mail Karen Hawkins at Carnival UK with proof:

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Andhow

Teresa, the details above (given by Andhow) are those that appear on my letter, too.

If financial details are helpful, on a cruise of 6 days or less you get $50 OBC; on a cruise of 7 to 13 days you get $100 OBC; on a cruise of 14 days or longer you get $250. This is US dollars, which is the currency onboard ship. The small print says that the money cannot be used for gratuities. However, on both my sailings since then, it has been credited against that. (First item on my bill is the OBC; second item is the gratuities. I queried at the purser's desk and was told it could be used that way.) In addition I have received about £80 in dividends since September 2012 (so not yet a full year of dividends).

Archived