How strict are they on teen ages?

cruzlovinmom

My daughter is 14 and will start high school in six weeks and has been hanging out with mostly high school kids for the past 6 months. I saw in the Carnival Capers for the Elation that they have the 12 - 14 year olds together. How strict are they about that? There's a teen meeting (for 15 - 17 year olds the first night at 5:00). I was wondering if I could just send her to that with her best friend who is traveling with us and see if they felt comfortable/uncomfortable. There's a Camp Carnival meeting at 7:30 so I was thinking maybe I'd send them to both and see where they felt the most at ease. Can I do that? :confused: :confused: :confused:

We returned from the Conquest on 6/19. My twin sons were going to be turning 15 on 6/26 and had already completed their freshman year of high school. They went to the Club O2 meeting for teens 15-17. No one had an issue w/it because they were already done w/ 1 yr of H.S. They would have been miserable w/the younger group. I don't think they will have a problem. Tell them to go to the first meeting an take it from there. Don't give their age unless they are asked.

I would like to hear from peoples experience with this also. My daughter will be 15 but a couple of other families are considering joining us but their daughters, (who are my daughters best friends), will still be 14. They will be VERY unhappy if they are separated. It wouldn't be a big deal if it was only for the organized activities but it would be a problem if they also had separate times in the disco.

It will NOT be a problem. My sons' experiences (2 1/2 years apart) is that the organized activities are just the gathering point anyway, then like minded kids band together and do that infamous "hanging out" thing endlessly. The only thing I've seen them be strict on is that where there's a shared disco (kids and adults) absolutely no one over 18 is allowed in the disco during the kids time. Tell them to have fun...and then you can relax and have fun too.

The previous poster had it right. My teens met up w/the group for different things, but the majority of the teens had formed small groups already the first night and hung out the rest of the cruise together. In our experience the kids in this age group don't do a lot of organized activities, just sit in Club O2 shooting the breeze.

That is what happened withour kids-- they did not particiapta4e in the group run program. Go to the first meeting the first night and meet kids.. (very important) If they want to do the program it will be a slight problen for the 14 year old to do a 15 year old program. Its up to the counselors to see that its too young for them to stay in the 12-14 year olds.

That is what happened withour kids-- they did not particiapate in the group run program. Go to the first meeting the first night and meet kids.. (very important) If they want to do the program it will be a slight problem for the 14 year old to do a 15 year old program. Its up to the counselors to see that its too young for them to stay in the 12-14 year olds. One ships other then the conquest-- (conquest has their own teen center) the disco is opened to all kids from 12 -17 unp til 10:45 (no adults for any reason) so you see-- they can do things together.

My daughter is 14 and will start high school in six weeks and has been hanging out with mostly high school kids for the past 6 months. I saw in the Carnival Capers for the Elation that they have the 12 - 14 year olds together. How strict are they about that? There's a teen meeting (for 15 - 17 year olds the first night at 5:00). I was wondering if I could just send her to that with her best friend who is traveling with us and see if they felt comfortable/uncomfortable. There's a Camp Carnival meeting at 7:30 so I was thinking maybe I'd send them to both and see where they felt the most at ease. Can I do that? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I am very interested in the response to this as well. My daughter is 14 and does not turn 15 until a few weeks after the crusie:confused: .

It will NOT be a problem. My sons' experiences (2 1/2 years apart) is that the organized activities are just the gathering point anyway, then like minded kids band together and do that infamous "hanging out" thing endlessly. The only thing I've seen them be strict on is that where there's a shared disco (kids and adults) absolutely no one over 18 is allowed in the disco during the kids time. Tell them to have fun...and then you can relax and have fun too.

Yeah I doubt my daughter will be much for the organized activities.

But I do have another question about clubs, etc. We are sailing on the Glory (I don't know if that makes a difference). She will be 14. I guess what I am asking is this: Does anyone know what clubs (i.e. disco dancing/karaoke) she will be able to be allowed/prohibited entry? Or maybe after a certain time, teens cannot be in the dance club? I don't want her to be by herself, but if she can be in a room close to where I am going to be I would be ok with that. Personally, I would rather we go to a show or do something else together, but you know how teens are -- I want her to have some fun too. As a side note, her brother is 20 will also be along, so I am hoping they can hang together sometimes too!

Hope this made sense:confused: I would appreciate ANY input!

Debbie

So, the younger teens and older teen don't have separate times in the disco? That's the only thing that concerns me. I know from our previous cruise that they probably won't participate in organized activities. I just don't want to find out that the 14 y/o's will only be allowed in the disco from, say, 9-10 and the 15 y/o will only be allowed in the disco from 10-11. Thay can pretty much hang out together anywhere else on the ship. BTW, we will be on the Miracle. I already know that the teens don't have their own disco. Actually, it probably won't be an issue in the long run because I doubt if the other families that are considering going will go. I just want to know what the deal just in case

Heidi- on the Miracle the dico is opened to all teens from age 12-17 until 10:45 and no adults are allowed in there... (at all)

I would think that is the way the conquest club is set up to be too.

Debbie Your daughter will have the time of her life on this cruise. Just please make sure she goes to that firt teen meeting. It is very important. After that-- you will barely see her.

Heidi- on the Miracle the dico is opened to all teens from age 12-17 until 10:45 and no adults are allowed in there... (at all)

Thanks Serene - We cruised on the Pride in '03 when my kids were 12 and 14 so I pretty much know the drill but back then they didn't have ANYTHING for older teens so I don't know how they divide these groups up. On our Pride cruise, my kids went to the teen meet and greet but that was about it for organized activities. It would just really stink if my 15 y/o's best friends (who will still be 14) do end up going on this cruise and then they can't even hang out in the disco together. I'm glad to hear that they let all teens in the disco at the same time. Especially since their time will be limited there as it is. I'm sure some parents would prefer they be separated and maybe I would too if I didn't have this particular situation.

I would think that is the way the conquest club is set up to be too.

Debbie Your daughter will have the time of her life on this cruise. Just please make sure she goes to that firt teen meeting. It is very important. After that-- you will barely see her.

Thank you Serene!

Guess what. OMG. We just changed our cruise this morning. We are now going in August! SO there should be plenty of teens now. What a mess it was to change our cruise at such short notice! Anyway we had originally wanted to go in summer so daughter would not miss school, but obligations prevented that. The September cruise was always nagging at me. But NOW things changed and we are able to go in the Summer. :) Of course it did cost a bunch more, but thats the price you pay for cruising in summer!

Debbie

• 2 weeks later...

Have sailed with teens Mine do like to be in the teen club and have had more fun meeting a group of kids on their own. as long as they behave and know where they can and can not go on the ship and respect all the other passengers and check in frequently I have never had a problem with mine going off on their own

bk

I've been wondering about this for my younger daughter who will turn 12 a month and a half after our Miracle cruise. Because she has two older siblings, she's a little older than the typical 11 year old, and I'm not sure about how much fun she'd have hanging with the younger group (9-11). On the other hand, there's a big difference between 11 (even 12) and a lot of 14 year olds, so that's got its issues too. I'm figuring they'll be more strict about the minimum 12-y-o age restriction in the club (which we probably wouldn't let her go to anyway), but that she may be able to join the 12-14 organized activities if she wants to?

We're hoping she just meets some girls she clicks with, as other have said happens, and we won't have to figure it out!:o

Archived