Could Freedom Be Renamed To Splash?

The Legend, Pride, Valor, and Victory are all scheduled for drydock in 2014. Could some of these ships be "Sunshined" and renamed?

My bet would be on Legend, Pride, and Victory - some of the older ships in the fleet. But of course, this is just a guess :)

The Legend, Pride, Valor, and Victory are all scheduled for drydock in 2014. Could some of these ships be "Sunshined" and renamed?

My bet would be on Legend, Pride, and Victory - some of the older ships in the fleet. But of course, this is just a guess :)

How long are each of these ships dry docks? Around 49 days or the standard 14 days?

I would assume their process for new ships is similar to that or rcci. Prior to ordering new ships they will submit a list of names for their upcoming ships. plenty of time to get the names copy righted and trade marked. I hope they don't sunshine the freedom. just what we need. chop up a good ship add a couple decks of cabins and add a lot more people to the same amount of space. I asked my pvp this last week if she knew what upgrades they were doing. All she know was it was some of the 2.0 upgrades. She didn't know which ones. Surprise surprise carnival didn't tell their sales staff about the details.

As many of us already know, the Carnival Freedom is going to be getting a dry-dock next year that lasts about 51 days.

Go CCL's Carnival Freedom Fact Sheet says that the ship will be in dry-dock 3/30/14 - 5/19/14. If I counted correctly the total number of days will be around 51 days (including time to get to Freeport and back).

The Sunshine dry-dock was advertised to be 49 days (7 weeks). After doing the Destiny/Sunshine renovation Carnival may have learned the best ways to renovate the ship and what works & doesn't work. Carnival may be able to do this in Freeport because they may not add a deck to the ship. I think Conquest class already has 1-2 more decks than the Destiny/Triumph class.

Now for the naming idea...

Carnival Corporation filed for a third-extension on the name Carnival Splash on July 19, 2013. For proof visit this website: http://www.trademarkia.com/carnival-splash-85433501.html

For those who are going to say that the Freedom can be booked for after this drydock, so this idea is not possible...

In the past Carnival has been known to make changes to their plans in a flash. Carnival could be booking the cruises, but after dry-dock the guests will be sailing on what was the Freedom (but the ship will be named differently.)

What do you think?

That would be sad. Freedom is a great name. :(

Triumph is a fine name and the ship had a very triumphant return.

I don't see Freedom being renamed to Splash. I can't see Carnival having a Splash class, which the new ship would be the first of.

I am concerned that the Fish and Chips might be removed. I certainly hope not. :eek:

I agree. I sure hope the fish and chips remain.

Be careful - John Heald is now saying it starts Apr 27th and ends 6-1.

I'll think I'll stay with my official email from Carnival until it can be confirmed differently. I've already changed my 2 April Freedom bookings and Carnival lost out on one leg of it.

Archived