Taranis Travel vs: Vic's Taxi

lsok

We contacted both of these companies for a transfer/tour post cruise from Southampton to Bath, stopping at Salisbury, Stonehenge, etc. on our way. Both drivers would act as quasi tour guides along the way.

Both quotes were about the same--varied by 10 GBP. These quotes were about 100 GBP less than 2 other companies! More expensive than the train, but would allow a visit to the Salisbury cathedral as well as Stonehenge ending in Bath, where we spend the night.

If any of you have experience with either or both companies, we would appreciate feed back. I have searched this thread and there is some mention, but not recently.

I had rec'd this reply to my inquiry on Vic's Taxi - sorry, I only knew how to copy a link instead of the actual reply:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1663617&page=36

I don't think one can help the flat tire but if the company had addtl drivers they could have had someone drive and exchange a working car for the flat tire car.

I did see that others had taken Taranis so you may want to find them on the Board and ask them directly via a "quote" so that they get notified. Would love to find out their experience also.

Archived