October OBC now available

AZbeachboy

For those of you who are schedule for a cruise in October, check your booking. A new promotion started today that gives OBC to a lot of cruises. I am taking on of the new 3 days. My price stayed the same but I received $15.00 pp in OBC. It does not hurt to check your specifics cruise.

For those of you who are schedule for a cruise in October, check your booking. A new promotion started today that gives OBC to a lot of cruises. I am taking on of the new 3 days. My price stayed the same but I received $15.00 pp in OBC. It does not hurt to check your specifics cruise.

Is this a typo? Maybe $150.00 per person?

Is this a typo? Maybe $150.00 per person?

No. $30 per cabin. That is for a 3 or 4 day trip. It goes up to 150.00 per cabin for longer trips. I was just trying to inform people to look into their own cruise dates.

When we booked our 3 nighter Princess was offering a $7.50 per person (inside cabin) OBC. I don't want to bother our over-worked travel agent to re-fare us for $15. If it was a longer cruise, I'd be on that phone in a heartbeat.

I think I'll be on the sailing immediately before yours. Won't be able to offer any suggestions to you. Sorry. I will have free Internet minutes so might be able to post a "Live From" and will let you know about Zumba (you are the one who asked about Zumba, right?)

Jackie

When we booked our 3 nighter Princess was offering a $7.50 per person (inside cabin) OBC. I don't want to bother our over-worked travel agent to re-fare us for $15. If it was a longer cruise, I'd be on that phone in a heartbeat.

I think I'll be on the sailing immediately before yours. Won't be able to offer any suggestions to you. Sorry. I will have free Internet minutes so might be able to post a "Live From" and will let you know about Zumba (you are the one who asked about Zumba, right?)

Jackie

Thanks for the offer. Yes I was the one.

I work directly with Princess. I just happened to notice it while checking for lower prices yesterday. Plus the prices had gone down. So the difference is actually $30 plus the $15 pp cheaper. So the savings is actually $90 for our Balcony. Plus if we chose the Mini suites are only $10. that we originally paid.

I look forward to your updates. I am also interested in the menu for such a short trip. I have taken these short trips on Carnival. Rather have Princess, so glad they are offering them.

I see this has had lot of replies, but thought there would be more comments.

For someone like me, this offer is not viable.

First, my category is sold out and this is for new bookings only. Princess rarely, if ever, will let you cancel and rebook under those conditions.

Second, if I did cancel, anyone holding a guarantee might get first dibs on my cabin before my TA could rebook.

Third, the OBC is not combinable with my existing bottle of champagne and free gratuities ($360) deal that Princess offered earlier this summer. $100 vs $360 is a no brainer for me. :D

Others who do not have the above issues may not be willing to deal with a non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit.

There are a lot of factors to take into account when looking at a Princess sale. It can be very confusing and often frustrating.

For someone like me, this offer is not viable.

First, my category is sold out and this is for new bookings only. Princess rarely, if ever, will let you cancel and rebook under those conditions.

Second, if I did cancel, anyone holding a guarantee might get first dibs on my cabin before my TA could rebook.

Third, the OBC is not combinable with my existing bottle of champagne and free gratuities ($360) deal that Princess offered earlier this summer. $100 vs $360 is a no brainer for me. :D

Others who do not have the above issues may not be willing to deal with a non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit.

There are a lot of factors to take into account when looking at a Princess sale. It can be very confusing and often frustrating.

You are correct. I understand that and I considered that myself. But with only one week left before final payment date (which I have already paid) their was not any negatives in my case. The rep and I talked about all the particulars. All I was saying is that people should look into it. Nothing wrong with doing that. You got the better deal to begin with and kept it. That great. For someone who booked three months ago it might be better.

Archived