Family Connected Staterooms

Hey everyone :) I was hoping somebody could help me with a question regarding the Family Connected Staterooms. We are planning on doing a cruise wedding on Quantum on the Jan 23rd sailing and my mother is really interested in splitting the FCS with some of our family. I keep getting conflicting information regarding the deposit and it is taking awhile to get answers.

Costco told us it would be an 1800 deposit for each stateroom even though only the one room is a suite. When we called Royal Caribbean they told us $450 per person. Another travel agent told us 1800 for the suite, 900 each for the balcony and studio. I have never booked a cruise before. Is it dependent on the travel agency?

Also, just another random question... are the My Time Dining spots limited? I was hoping our family could do that but Costco TA said only the later dining time was available. If we sign up for the later dining time will we have to be at dinner that time every night or is there the option to wait for an available table in the MDR at anytime during dinner hours? We will be traveling with young kids so there is concern about it being too late for them.

Thanks in advance :)

Deposit amounts are supposed to be standardized based on cruise length. Royal Caribbean says that they are:

1-5 Nights: $200 per stateroom

6-9 Night: $500 per stateroom

10 or more Nights: $900 per stateroom

A stateroom is defined as 2 passengers, I believe it may also be an additional 50% deposit per passenger after that. If you book a suite the deposit amount is doubled. There are obviously exceptions during special WOW Sales and when using a future cruise credit, but this is the standard criteria.

Based on the numbers that you listed it sounds like their is confusion over if that type of cabin is classified as a suite. If you talked to Royal Caribbean and got a quote from them I would assume that is the most accurate (especially since it appears to be the lowest amount). It is labeled as a suite but it is also a rather new and unusual situation. If you want to go with a TA, they should be providing the exact same number as Royal Caribbean so if they are not I would recommend pressing them to contact Royal Caribbean for an exact number. The TAs may be going off of the suite label while Royal Caribbean may be going off of the individual cabin categories that make up the larger cabin.

Thank you so much for your help!

I finally got the official answer in case anybody else was curious. I guess because you are booking 3 rooms in 1 they do not consider the junior suite a suite so it is $900 for each room. :)

My recent booking for a room w/ 4 meant 4x the deposit. For a 7 night that's $250 x 4 = $1000.

Now, if you have a next cruise open booking you use, you'll get the discounted deposit, but you'll still have to cough up per person.

Judy

Archived