Belize+cavetubing+TripAdvisor+pictures=fishy

mitsugirly

After I posted my recent review of our cavetubing experience with .bz on TripAdvisor, things have been really weird.

EVERY SINGLE DAY I get 1 thumbs up on one of my pictures I posted from this company and excursion. Yes, I posted A LOT of pictures from that review. While I appreciate readers coming on there and asking questions (and I'm more than happy to help) and I also love when people find a picture nice or helpful and gives it a thumbs up, what is happening with 1 thumbs up per picture EVERY day? It's a different picture every time and it's like someone is just looking at the pictures and gives it a thumbs up one day and the next day they give the next picture in line a thumbs up and the next and so on.

I'm just finding this extremely weird in a sorta creepy way. I don't know why. :o

Anyone ever have that happen before? :confused:

After I posted my recent review of our cavetubing experience with .bz on TripAdvisor, things have been really weird.

EVERY SINGLE DAY I get 1 thumbs up on one of my pictures I posted from this company and excursion. Yes, I posted A LOT of pictures from that review. While I appreciate readers coming on there and asking questions (and I'm more than happy to help) and I also love when people find a picture nice or helpful and gives it a thumbs up, what is happening with 1 thumbs up per picture EVERY day? It's a different picture every time and it's like someone is just looking at the pictures and gives it a thumbs up one day and the next day they give the next picture in line a thumbs up and the next and so on.

I'm just finding this extremely weird in a sorta creepy way. I don't know why. :o

Anyone ever have that happen before? :confused:

No, but then I never posted pictures on Tripadvisor. However, I do use them for the reviews of things to do and hotel properties. I bet it's just individuals using the site to review tours.I doubt it's anyone stalking or anything. Probably separate people looking at your photos and just choosing one to give you a thumbs up.

No, but then I never posted pictures on Tripadvisor. However, I do use them for the reviews of things to do and hotel properties. I bet it's just individuals using the site to review tours.I doubt it's anyone stalking or anything. Probably separate people looking at your photos and just choosing one to give you a thumbs up.

I have been posting reviews on there for years and never had this happen. Every once in awhile you get a thumbs up for a picture (TA emails you to let you know when it happens) and every once in awhile you get someone that will ask you a question or two. But never have I had someone come on EVERY single day and JUST for the cavetubing review (the very last one I posted for .bz and I have posted 2 of them) and give just 1 thumbs up daily. It happens every day and it's just 1 picture. I just find it weird and kinda creeping me out. I wonder what will happen once they are done with every picture I posted (and I posted a lot).

I don't have a comment about this but wanted to comment to THANK YOU for your posts about Chank in Cozumel. You convinced me to choose that and we were thrilled! Did royal dolphin and my fam loved it (hard to please teens at that)! We were not allowed off ship on time and did not get to do all we wanted at the park so we will def go back. But just wanted to say thanks for your reviews and info sharing. It was a big help to me!!!!

I don't have a comment about this but wanted to comment to THANK YOU for your posts about Chank in Cozumel. You convinced me to choose that and we were thrilled! Did royal dolphin and my fam loved it (hard to please teens at that)! We were not allowed off ship on time and did not get to do all we wanted at the park so we will def go back. But just wanted to say thanks for your reviews and info sharing. It was a big help to me!!!!

Aww, well thank you so much. It means the world to me when I know I have helped someone in some way. There are so many great and helpful people on these boards that have helped me and when I get the opportunity to help someone else out (whether it helps them decide to go there or decide it's not the place for them) then I feel like I've contributed in a positive way. Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you get more time at Chankanaab next time you are there. It's such a beautiful place. :)

I too have enjoyed your reviews and are reading them for our upcoming cruise. I agree it would be kind of creepy to have a thumbs up on a different picture each day. Maybe it's someone trying to boost the ratings.

Thanks so much for the complement. It was just weird. It stopped a few days ago (unless they are taking a break for the weekend) :p I was wondering if it might be the company themselves, but not sure. I have just never had that happen before. Weird.

Archived