My time dining Indy, sitting on our own ...

Hi, please don't flame me for being antisocial.

I've just changed to MTD from set seating on Indy end of this month, is it possible to have small tables for just either two (if DD has gone off somewhere) or 3? Not every night, but some nights? Or is it really that if we want time on our own we should book a specialty restaurant? I know I've asked a similar question before but I've since read that you can, and you can't, and everything in between.

This holiday is really the only time we get time to ourselves, for us, and I know my husband especially wants to spend the whole fortnight talking to me :D:cool:

Hi, please don't flame me for being antisocial.

I've just changed to MTD from set seating on Indy end of this month, is it possible to have small tables for just either two (if DD has gone off somewhere) or 3? Not every night, but some nights? Or is it really that if we want time on our own we should book a specialty restaurant? I know I've asked a similar question before but I've since read that you can, and you can't, and everything in between.

This holiday is really the only time we get time to ourselves, for us, and I know my husband especially wants to spend the whole fortnight talking to me :D:cool:

MTD is your choice. They will ask if you want a table by yourselves or if you want to share.

Yeah, absolutely. We had it on our account that we only wanted tables for 2 on our Indy cruise in January, but others we saw in the MTD area were asked each time what table they'd prefer. We saw a couple near us one night in a table for 2 and the next with a bunch of (I think) family members in a big table.

It seems as is most who are doing MTD want to sit with just their own party. We have asked in the past about sitting with others and unfortunately there was nobody else looking to do the same.

One word of warning, a lot of the tables for 2 in the MTD area are really close so sometimes it feels like you are sitting with others.

Try and get your DD to go the first time, as they like to try and sit you at the same table each time and you will therefore have a table set up that enables 3 rather than go as a 2 and then find they can't fit her in

there are some lovely tables for 2 that are on the level you walk in against the barrier, there is then a step up to the next row where they tend to have tables for 4

We were on Indy in July and sometimes we shared a large table or if the teens were doing their own thing and we were in a hurry we asked for a table for two.

We always asked for a table for ourselves at breakfast as I don't like making conversation early in the morning.

They were very good in accommodating our requests.

Archived