Horseshoe Bay or Shelly Bay w/ 1 yr old?

cd=cruise

Horseshoe can have tip tides and pretty signifigant waves- not good for a small child. However just to the right of Horseshoe is a small protected cove- shallow, calm, lovely for a little one- but if fair at plan on bringing a sun shade of some kind. they do rentumbrellas but won't rent if there are winds- which are pretty common.

Hands down.....it should be Shelly Bay! ! ! The water is very shallow and very calm. There is usually an ice cream truck in the parking lot.

Horshoebay is beautiful but can be very dangerous for a youngster.

dondonma

Shelly Bay beach is an excellent beach for children with a nice park for them next to the beach. Smooth sand and changing facilities. A short bus ride from either Hamilton or St. George.

We have just returned from our trip to Bermuda... One of the beaches we did visit was Shelly Bay, I do have to say, though it is a beautiful spot and the water is very calm and shallow the sand is not that nice at all. It has broken glass mixed in with the sand, I would recommend water shoes if you plan on visiting this beach and I would also recommend not playing in the sand especially with a small child. We did stay awhile but left and went to St Johns Bay. Horseshoe is an awesome beach, I have never seen such a beautiful beach. There is a sheltered area to the right, perfect for small children.

Archived