Lobster on Carnival

happyshelly

I thought i had read on another board that Carnival got rid of Maine lobsters. Is it true? I think the hubby will eat any lobster but we are Summer mainers and he loves Maine lobster he thinks that they are the best anywhere.

Thanks

Michele

I am from Maine so I KNOW what GOOD lobster tastes like. I sailed on the Carnival Glory in Jan 2005 and the lobster they served us is a different kind than Maine lobster. This kind doesn't have claw meat, only the tail meat and I did not like it at all. I just didn't find it tasty. I ordered a 2nd one thinking maybe I got a bad one and that one didn't taste any better. I'll stick with Maine lobster, thank you very much! The rest of the food on the cruise was just wonderful though!

Kathy

I am from Nova Scotia, so I know our lobsters are as wonderful as the ones in Maine. However, when we were on the Triumph in the Caribbean they served warm water lobster. There is a big difference. I love lobster, but I didn't like what was served on the cruise. Apparently they are a soft shell, which gives it a different taste, and they live in warm water, which also makes the taste different than ours. It was the only thing in the dining room that I didn't like. Even our taxi drive in Miami said that we probably would find the lobsters different and that there's nothing like cold water (specifically Maine/Nova Scotia) lobsters. Just be prepared that they taste completely different.

• 2 weeks later...

I like cold water lobster as well as warm water. Real butter, melted, with a little lemon...yum yum.

That said, I cruised on Carnival for my honeymoon in 1984. There WAS no lobster of any kind...except for the tails decorating the midnight buffet. They looked like garnish and my waiter told me that if I wanted to eat lobster on THAT cruise, that I should take one of those off of the display, that if I didn't, the crew would eat them. So...I did.:D

Archived