Serenade of the Seas picture heavy fun review–12 day Med cruise incl DIY port trips!

Stef.

Hand up. Excuse me?!? Waving hand around... did you FORGET SOMETHING! Yes, you did!

Epilogue. As promised in the review of the Adventure of the Seas, who won the picture taking contest? Was it Stef? Was it Tanja? Was it Tarik? Who judged the contest? Impartial judge? Where is the picture?!?

Patiently waiting....

Lol -- ...just because it hasn't happened yet. None of us got around to picking their best pictures. My parents will be the judges, not knowing who took which photo...the price?....we haven't decided on one yet. But I'll keep you informed:).

Stef

Steph, thanks so much for this wonderful review. Pictures were awesome and loved the way you write. Tarik is so darn cute. Always smiling. You and Tanya are certainly doing something right in raising him.

The only down side is that now when I wake up in the early morning hours, I will not have your review to read through. I was getting so used to it. I guess I will just have to try to sleep in now.:p

Thanks again and happy cruising.

Gwen :)

I'm so SAD that your travelogue is over! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your reports and seeing your photos.

You have a lovely family, and I look forward to your next trip report...

Hi joand452,

Thanks for sticking with me for both reviews! I promise to write another review after our next cruise hopefully in August 2014!

Stef

But before we leave the Cathedral, one last picture of the geese:

9891403334_3291953ff9_c.jpg

Perfect timing, huh?

This is a GREAT photo! This goose looks like he is either screaming, "hey, look at me" or "no photos!" It seems to be one extreme or the other :D

PS - so glad you are feeling better!!!!

PS2 - I leave 4 weeks from today on my Serenade adventure on the same itinerary...can't wait!

Melissa

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

Stef,

You did an amazing job with this review. I don't even think that word, "review," is the best choice to describe what you wrote. It was more like a glorious tale of adventure that kept us all riveted to our computers waiting for the next installment.

Even though my cruise leaves in 4 weeks and I get to experience all of this in person, I am finding myself strangely sad that your tale is over :( I am almost wishing you will just decide to keep going, even if you have to make up new tales :D Your writing is whismical and captivating, but even better than that, is your wonderful family!!! Thank you so much for introducing all of us to them and taking us along along on your journey!

Until the next adventure.....

Melissa

If everything works out, we'll try out MSC then...and I heard that RCI is GOLD compared to what they call service. LOL -- I'll try not to be biased...We'll wait and see.

Stef

Hi Stef,

I followed your earlier review on Adventure just before we sailed on her for our first ever cruise last July - and then I just had to follow along on your recent trip. You have such a wonderful writing style and it felt as though we were there with you and your lovely family - Thanks so much! We are sailing on Indy next summer so I'll definitely revisit here for the Barcelona ideas.

We have also just booked a week's cruise with MSC early next year for some winter sun. Reviews are certainly mixed but, like you, we'll go with an open mind and with the thought that "any cruise sure beats work!" :)

Danke für den schönen Bericht und tolle Bilder (I hope that came out right..
JUST PERFECT:)!
.thank you for the wonderful review and great picutres) I can't wait for my time aboard her in 2015 from New Orleans.

Hi jakesmom,

Thank You! Boy -- 2015 sure is a long wait...but it's worth it, you'll have a great time!

Stef

Steph, thanks so much for this wonderful review. Pictures were awesome and loved the way you write. Tarik is so darn cute. Always smiling. You and Tanya are certainly doing something right in raising him.

The only down side is that now when I wake up in the early morning hours, I will not have your review to read through. I was getting so used to it. I guess I will just have to try to sleep in now.:p

Thanks again and happy cruising.

Gwen :)

Hi Gwen,

My pleasure! Happy I could sweeten up your mornings. I'm not a morning person, so either having something waiting for me which I enjoy or sleeping in sounds great! There are many cool reviews out there...I'm sure you'll find a new one to take over for mine! Still -- thanks for joining me and sharing your mornings with my family:D.

Stef

I'm only about halfway through your terrific review! I love all of your family pictures and I think Tarik is very lucky to have joined your family.

Hi trvlgirlmq,

Welcome to the review! Thank you!

Lol- I'm not sure if you reached the post yet with the picture disaster (if you have... you can chill -- you've past the crucial spot. otherwise --> )...just a hint...hurry with reading the middle part of the review, since the pictures are close to temporarily dissappearing again:o!

Stef

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

Stef,

You did an amazing job with this review. I don't even think that word, "review," is the best choice to describe what you wrote. It was more like a glorious tale of adventure that kept us all riveted to our computers waiting for the next installment.

Even though my cruise leaves in 4 weeks and I get to experience all of this in person, I am finding myself strangely sad that your tale is over :( I am almost wishing you will just decide to keep going, even if you have to make up new tales :D Your writing is whismical and captivating, but even better than that, is your wonderful family!!! Thank you so much for introducing all of us to them and taking us along along on your journey!

Until the next adventure.....

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

:DWould you please quit making me blush?:D

No seriously, thank you for those amazing words of praise. It'll sure make me want to write another review next year (not as if anything could stop me from doing it anyway -- muhahaha). It was a delight having you follow this thread --- thank you for all the kind posts and encouragements. I hope you have a WONDERFUL cruise with your mom! ...and would be thrilled if you would want to write a review afterwards yourself!

Stef

Hi Stef,

I followed your earlier review on Adventure just before we sailed on her for our first ever cruise last July - and then I just had to follow along on your recent trip. You have such a wonderful writing style and it felt as though we were there with you and your lovely family - Thanks so much! We are sailing on Indy next summer so I'll definitely revisit here for the Barcelona ideas.

We have also just booked a week's cruise with MSC early next year for some winter sun. Reviews are certainly mixed but, like you, we'll go with an open mind and with the thought that "any cruise sure beats work!" :)

Hi hebbie67,

Whoohoo, a follower from the Adventure review! Thanks for returning to the second review!

Winter sun sounds so charming as days get darker and darker nowadays. We can't leave our place during the winter, since it would be too much work for my parents to maintain all of our little zoo:oduring that time of the year. Plus this year I'll be on emergency call for christmas --gah!

I hope you have a great cruise! Write a review to bring some sun into my home during the winter and so I can get a first glimpse of an MSC cruise. Which ship are you sailing on?

Stef

Can't believe it Stef....'our'cruise has come to an end - AGAIN!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to put all this together - and like I said on Facebook, it's amazing that we were on the same ship but did so many different things.

I'll look forward to your review of MSC - we've been docked at the side of their ships so many times in the Med and it would be great to find out what you thought.

Carol

Can't believe it Stef....'our'cruise has come to an end - AGAIN!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to put all this together - and like I said on Facebook, it's amazing that we were on the same ship but did so many different things.

I'll look forward to your review of MSC - we've been docked at the side of their ships so many times in the Med and it would be great to find out what you thought.

Carol

Hi Carol,

Thank you for following along on this thread and for a wonderful, fun time on the roll call even before the cruise! It was fun! Hope to sail with you again some day! Have fun on the Indy next summer!

...and I would still LOVE to see a review from you (especially from our Serenade cruise)...since you've got your pictures back, what's stopping you:D?

Stef

Fantastic review! Sad to see it end. You've given me another reason to get back to Europe and explore some more!

Bombas are a fried meat & potato ball. They look... interesting...

Hi mouse84,

Thank you!

:DLol-- I guess we were way off with our guessing attempts about the contents of the bombas. Thanks for the info!

Stef

Hi hebbie67,

Whoohoo, a follower from the Adventure review! Thanks for returning to the second review!

Winter sun sounds so charming as days get darker and darker nowadays. We can't leave our place during the winter, since it would be too much work for my parents to maintain all of our little zoo:oduring that time of the year. Plus this year I'll be on emergency call for christmas --gah!

I hope you have a great cruise! Write a review to bring some sun into my home during the winter and so I can get a first glimpse of an MSC cruise. Which ship are you sailing on?

Stef

Hi Stef

We're sailing on MSC Lirica next Feb. Will write a review, but more likely to be a single post rather than the epic entertaining novels you produce!