Cabin 2111 on Equinox

mitzi70

Having seen one review about balcony cabin 2111 on Equinox I was concerned to see that if you want a sun tan this cabin is not for you. Could anyone tell me if this is true? I can see by the deck plan that this cabin is on the bend. I usually sail with P & O and have always sunbathed on every balcony cabin I have had.

Having seen one review about balcony cabin 2111 on Equinox I was concerned to see that if you want a sun tan this cabin is not for you. Could anyone tell me if this is true? I can see by the deck plan that this cabin is on the bend. I usually sail with P & O and have always sunbathed on every balcony cabin I have had.

This cabin is the last in the line of hump cabins -- probably my favorite cabins of all. Your balcony will be quite a bit larger than that of the one to the aft of you.

It will be covered but depending on the position of the ship, you may get sun. We were in 1108 and the balcony is deep but there were times when it was completely in the sun, times when it was completely in the shade. You are close enough to the pool to go out and get some sun when it is in the shade and you can enjoy the privacy for sunbathing when it is in the shade.

Thank you for the information. The travel agent said I could change cabins - nearer the aft of the ship which I didn't want to do or pay extra to upgrade to an aqua class cabin 1635 which may not be worth doing.

As a single traveller paying a hefty supplement I wanted get the most out of the balcony for sunbathing.

Thank you for the information. The travel agent said I could change cabins - nearer the aft of the ship which I didn't want to do or pay extra to upgrade to an aqua class cabin 1635 which may not be worth doing.

As a single traveller paying a hefty supplement I wanted get the most out of the balcony for sunbathing.

Oh, I don't blame you. Too funny, I was originally booked in 1635 -- moved to a hump cabin when one became available. Awesome move, in my opinion. My husband said he is ruined now - nothing less will do. :D

You are so close to the pool and upper decks where you have all the sun you want. Richard

• 6 years later...

I am considering 2111 for my next sailing. Can anyone who has stayed in that cabin or the few hump cabins nearby, advise how much noise there is from upstairs? 

Also, does the support beam that is right outside the cabin disrupt the view at all?

I answered your question on Monday:

"We were on Equinox in 2115, right next door.  No issues from noise upstairs or smoke smell.  The support beam will be negligible.   It's a great location on the ship."  🍷

Maybe somebody can give you a different answer.  🍷

On 3/18/2020 at 3:49 PM, Wine-O said:

I answered your question on Monday:

"We were on Equinox in 2115, right next door.  No issues from noise upstairs or smoke smell.  The support beam will be negligible.   It's a great location on the ship."  🍷

Maybe somebody can give you a different answer.  🍷

Someone may have a different answer and possibly a bad experience, so didn’t think it’d hurt to ask.