Mastercard promo obc

jjh9

Well, this just got a little stranger, in a good way.

When I got the promotional offer (I posted the scan of the direct mail piece) I filled out the form for our upcoming cruise on Triumph in early September. A couple of weeks later, we booked the Triumph again for early January (2 cabins this time) and I again filled out the form for both booking numbers.

Today, out of the blue, I received two booking confirmation emails, one for each of the January cabins, and they both reflect a new $200 OBC. I also looked at the bookings in My Cruise Manager, and they both have this:

BOOKING CHARGE/CREDIT $200.00

What's even more interesting is we're still a couple of months away from the final payment for the Jan. cruise.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

-peabody304

I also looked at the bookings in My Cruise Manager, and they both have this:

-peabody304

I'm 3 days before the sailing and don't see anything in My Cruise Manager. Where exactly do you have it posted?

Thank you.

Well, this just got a little stranger, in a good way.

When I got the promotional offer (I posted the scan of the direct mail piece) I filled out the form for our upcoming cruise on Triumph in early September. A couple of weeks later, we booked the Triumph again for early January (2 cabins this time) and I again filled out the form for both booking numbers.

Today, out of the blue, I received two booking confirmation emails, one for each of the January cabins, and they both reflect a new $200 OBC. I also looked at the bookings in My Cruise Manager, and they both have this:

What's even more interesting is we're still a couple of months away from the final payment for the Jan. cruise.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

-peabody304

Where did you post the scan? Did it list what ships, dates, etc. were included in the promo? Never mind, peabody302, I just found your scan. Somehow I missed it. Guess I won't be getting my Platinum OBC on my January 2014 cruises. Darn!!!

Edited by Sparky2

Under the My Billing tab.

Jan_triumph.JPG

The math doesn't seem to add up on your billing. It says your cruise total was $733.72 and your down payment was $400. Your balance should be $333.72 but the billing reflects that your balance due is $533.72.

The math doesn't seem to add up on your billing. It says your cruise total was $733.72 and your down payment was $400. Your balance should be $333.72 but the billing reflects that your balance due is $533.72.

You're right. And the email for this booking shows the same thing. However, the amount due is correct, but the Payment Applied (in screen shot or Payments Received as it's listed in the email) is wrong. I only paid a deposit of $200 for that cabin.

As long as the final payment amount doesn't go up, I'm fine.

Under the My Billing tab.

Jan_triumph.JPG

Ummmmm...

Total Charge $733.72 - 400 (payments applied) = $333.72 left to pay.

the Booking charge/Credit $200 appears to have been ADDED to your remaining balance $533.72 now owed instead of $333.72.

Am I missing something?

Ummmmm...

Total Charge $733.72 - 400 (payments applied) = $333.72 left to pay.

the Booking charge/Credit $200 appears to have been ADDED to your remaining balance $533.72 now owed instead of $333.72.

Am I missing something?

You are correct. However, what's important to me is the the amount I still need to pay, $533.72 for this cabin, has not changed.

Jan_triumph_emails_sidebyside.JPG

These are both from the booking confirmation emails I received. The one on the left is from when I booked the cruise a few weeks ago and the one on the right is from the email I got today.

-peabody304

You are correct. However, what's important to me is the the amount I still need to pay, $533.72 for this cabin, has not changed.

Jan_triumph_emails_sidebyside.JPG

These are both from the booking confirmation emails I received. The one on the left is from when I booked the cruise a few weeks ago and the one on the right is from the email I got today.

-peabody304

It is not a payment it is a credit that will be on your sign and sail card.

Just checked my two reservations. Nothing. :(

I was hoping at least the November Conquest cruise would show an OBC since I used my MC for the deposit, final payment, and set it up as my onboard account.

That $200 Platinum OBC should would be appreciated!!

Can you only see My Billing if you book direct. I book thru a TA and show nothing in My Billing . . .

Yes, you'll only see itemized billing if you book directly with Carnival. Your travel should be able to give you the same information though.

I was the one that was on the July 20th sailing of the Breeze and I did receive the additional $50 OBC. However, mine never showed up in 'My Billing' online, nor did it show up in my emailed confirmations from my PVP. That's why I thought I wouldn't get the credit, because my other OBC was showing on my docs. When I boarded the ship and checked my sail and sign account on the TV, I had an additional OBC of $50, which could only have been from this Mastercard offer.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be consistent as far as who gets the credit and what sailings it applies to. I have two other sailings in 2014 that I applied for this credit, so I'll see what happens next year.

Has anyone received the obc from this MasterCard promo.

Just checking to see if anyone else received there mastercard obc. Some say yes but most say no. Wondering why you did or did not get it.

A couple of days ago, I posted the direct mail piece we received for the MasterCard OBC program.

I also posted that I had filled out the form for three cabins on two cruises on the Triumph (Sept. and Jan.) and that I had just gotten updated booking confirmations for the two January cabins that said the OBC had applied.

I just got another email showing that the $200 OBC was applied to our 9/5 cruise, too.

At this point I don't know what the criteria was, except we did get the offer in the mail.

I applied for the $200 Credit for my sailing on the Breeze in April. I contacted Carnival by email a couple weeks ago about it and they said I was on the list to be eligible for the credit and that I should see it appear on my account in the coming weeks. Today it showed up, just as promised:D. The thing about this promotion is it wasn't very specific to who qualified for it.

I applied for the $200 Credit for my sailing on the Breeze in April. I contacted Carnival by email a couple weeks ago about it and they said I was on the list to be eligible for the credit and that I should see it appear on my account in the coming weeks. Today it showed up, just as promised:D. The thing about this promotion is it wasn't very specific to who qualified for it.

To whom did you address the email?

Thanks

Did you have the confirmation email?

Yes, I have the confirmation e-mail. Guest services said tough luck, just like they have said to everything this cruise. Most inept staff ever on any ship on any line.

I looked back at our cruise papers from last December when we had applied for the Mastercard promotion...it was about 2 weeks before the cruise but it did show up on our booking on line because I still have the printout and it showed as OBC. So I am still hoping that maybe we will get it for our November cruise.

To whom did you address the email?

Thanks

I sent the email to imcspecialprograms@carnival.com The email address that responded was specialprograms@carnival.com I would go with the first one and see what happens. It took a week or so for them to get back to me. But the person said they had just received the list of eligible people so who knows why it took a while to respond.