Debarkation in Rome?

KieransMom

I think it may be a bit rush though. Remember it takes about 1 hour to get from Civitavecchia to Rome. Then you will have to get from Rome to FCO bearing in mind you may have to wait for the trains to arrive.

The ship usually arrives at 6:00 am so I suppose you can get off at 7:00. Even then I feel it is quite rush provided if everything goes smoothly.

The first scheduled departure time from the ship is 7:00 AM, but if the ship is cleared early, they'll let you off sooner. On our cruise, we were cleared to leave as early as 6:45. It's about an hour drive to Rome - I'd allow for two hours to include getting bags, transportation, traffic, etc. That would put you at the airport at 9:00 AM which would be perfect for an 11:00 AM flight.

I think you can swing it if you need to. It's tight and doesn't give much room for error (traffic... long security lines...), but if the flight is a good price, I'd definitely consider it.

Debarkation was a breeze in Rome last year. We walked off and were the first ones off the ship. You can get a car service that will take you from the port directly to the airport. A couple of people arranged it through our roll call. It would be very doable then.

Vic

Archived