Your Impressions: Jewel of the Seas

We cruised on Jewel of the Seas last October, have two more cruises booked on her this year and are considering another in October, 2006. I guess you can conclude from those facts that we are fans of the ship. In fact we are fans of the entire Radiance class of Royal Caribbean ships. Of all the classes of ships in the Royal Caribbean fleet, I believe that Radiance class ships stand out for the way in which they keep you in touch with the ocean. Voyager class ships, for all their special and delightful features, tend to draw you towards the interior of the ship to the point where you can easily forget you are at sea. Vision class ships are similar in many ways to Radiance class ships but lack some of the features which make ships like the Jewel so special.

I understand that the October '06 sailings of Jewel of the Seas are already selling well, so I believe you were wise to book as early as you have. :)

I love the Jewel also. Went in November 2004, Tried the Mariner this past April and had a wonderful time, but missed all the glass and ocean views from everywhere. (just my personal opinion). Now we are scheduled to go on the Radiance in November and back to the Jewel in April 2006. You wont be disappointed, she is a beautiful ship.

We sailed on her last September from Boston. We love the Radiance Class ships. The Chops Grille is oustanding!! The food at the Main Diningroom and Windjammer Cafe I thought was okay. 1st time cruisers thought the food was excellent. Entertainment was typical of a cruise ship; floor show production,The Platters, a comic etc. The crew & staff was extremely nice. always a good day or morning,afternoon, etc.

Just my opinion.

Happy Sailings!:)

I was on Jewel last September out of Boston. She is a MAGNIFICIENT ship. She's just gorgeous. Everywhere you look you're amazed at her beauty! I liked Jewel and the Radiance class of ships so much that I booked her sister Serenade through Alaska this Sunday and Brilliance to the Med next July. You won't be disappointed by Jewel. You can check out my review and pictures of her by following the links in my signature!

Enjoy!

Archived