E-reader or print books?

NCnewbie

Off topic, but thank you for assuring me I'm not a freak - I always have a bag with me for all the things you mentioned, plus sun glasses. Loads of people question why I carry a bag on board.

I would bet the people who question why you carry a bag on board have never been on a ship!!! I take my kindle fire with me everywhere.....its both a reader and a mini-computer. When I'm not in my cabin it's in my back pack, which holds my shoes, water bottle, a snack sometimes, and my beach cover-up. It weighs next to nothing and fits under the seat on the plane and under the chaise at the beach or pool. It's also handy for sightseeing as I can pack things I might need like my wallet, advil, cough drops, room keys, sweater, etc. I am eternally grateful to my grandchildren for introducing me to the wonderful freedom of the back pack!!!!:D

The kind of person who is likely to be a thief, is probably not the kind of person that's a reader. So I wouldn't worry too much about it. We've never had a problem. If you're in the pool, just keep an eye on your stuff.

I would bet the people who question why you carry a bag on board have never been on a ship!!!

While I use a backpack on a day-to-day basis, I don't carry it around a cruise ship......because I carry very little with me on a cruise ship. I guess if you're on a mega-boat, it can be a lot to get back to your cabin for something in case you need it, but I find I just don't carry a lot with me on board and didn't feel I needed much.....my iPhone and possibly a book is typically all I carried (and sometimes sunglasses, depending on the cruise). I didn't miss carrying the things I carry in my knapsack at home (like hand sanitizer, Advil, tissues, a pen, etc), but I knew they were either easily available or in my room if I needed them.