Queston for EPIC Cruisers who love to read!

laurmac

We are considering the a transatlantic EPIC cruise for our next vacation.

Our idea of a good time on a cruise is to, on sea days, curl up with a good book and read in a little used lounge like the Spinnaker on the Sun, Jewel, Pearl. In between bingo and dance lessons the Spinnaker is a great quiet place with good light and great views.

Our most recent NCL cruise was on the Star, and while we enjoyed our cruise, the ship was a big disappointment because it didn't have a lounge with great views. The Spinnaker is windowless.

ON RCI we've used the Crow's Nest, on Princess, Skywalkers.

Is there a similar place on the EPIC?

Our most recent NCL cruise was on the Star, and while we enjoyed our cruise, the ship was a big disappointment because it didn't have a lounge with great views

I enjoyed reading on the Star on the Promenade Deck. It was always quiet, and had great views, sea air, and chairs to sit in.

The Epic's Promenade on Deck 7 is even less-traveled than the Star's. There are lifeboats obstructing the view for most of the deck, and the promenade doesn't wrap around, so I always found that it was a quiet place. They do put chairs out there (or so they did when I was aboard) so I imagine you could find a quiet spot where you can see the sea, sit and read, and take in the sea air.

We found that most areas faced into the ship. The best area we found was the lobby as they had very comfortable chairs next to the windows, however this area could be bust on a trans-atlantic as they have the giant screen there.

The Italian under the buffet was really quite through the day when it was closed and they have wonderful views over the bow they used it as an over-flow from the buffet but as there was no food stations down there we found it very under used.

Hope this helps

James

Archived