Speciality Resturant Package?

RN Cruiser1

I have been reading threads morning, noon and night in anticipation of our Breakaway cruise. (get a life) Everyone is so helpful and eager to share, it is great! Can anyone elabrorate on the Specialty Resturant Package I have seen mentioned? It was about booking 3 resturants and the perks of booking on 1st night. We are getting close to Day 45 and I want to be ready :D Thank you CC members.

I have been reading threads morning, noon and night in anticipation of our Breakaway cruise. (get a life) Everyone is so helpful and eager to share, it is great! Can anyone elabrorate on the Specialty Resturant Package I have seen mentioned? It was about booking 3 resturants and the perks of booking on 1st night. We are getting close to Day 45 and I want to be ready :D Thank you CC members.

bump-- I would like to know also!

You can pre book or do it on board. If you pre book you pay at time of booking. On board you can use any OBC you might have. There is no benefit to pre booking. The wine on the first night has nothing to do with the "package" or pre booking. Everyone gets it if you go to a specialty restaurant the first night.

You can pre book or do it on board. If you pre book you pay at time of booking. On board you can use any OBC you might have. There is no benefit to pre booking. The wine on the first night has nothing to do with the "package" or pre booking. Everyone gets it if you go to a specialty restaurant the first night.

Do you still get the $8 discount if you book those 3 restaurants by the end of your cruise (booking on board instead of pre-booking)?

:confused:

Do you still get the $8 discount if you book those 3 restaurants by the end of your cruise (booking on board instead of pre-booking)?

I think that they all need to be booked and paid together, that's how it's done online at least.

From what I have been told, this special is only if you prebook online. If done on the ship you won't get the discount.

wasiii

I think that they all need to be booked and paid together, that's how it's done online at least.

Sent through the air with the greatest of ease from my Galaxy Nexus.

Recently checked this deal for a September NE/CN Dawn cruise. If I have this right...you must commit in advance to 3 restaurant reservations (Cagney's/Le Bistro/La Cucina) at $57.00 per person-for a couple that's $114. The individual couples cost to book these 3 restaurants onboard is $130.00 This special saves a total of $16.00 or - $2.67 per person/$5.34 per couple per booking. Given that plans change during a cruise and that one must commit in advance to 3 bookings and that the free bottle of red/white house wine is only available on embarkation night and that the 1st night is lobster - IMO not sure this is such a deal.

Recently checked this deal for a September NE/CN Dawn cruise. If I have this right...you must commit in advance to 3 restaurant reservations (Cagney's/Le Bistro/La Cucina) at $57.00 per person-for a couple that's $114. The individual couples cost to book these 3 restaurants onboard is $130.00 This special saves a total of $16.00 or - $2.67 per person/$5.34 per couple per booking. Given that plans change during a cruise and that one must commit in advance to 3 bookings and that the free bottle of red/white house wine is only available on embarkation night and that the 1st night is lobster - IMO not sure this is such a deal.

That's why we decided NOT to book it on our 9 day Gem cruise this past spring, even when we had the "menu" from another previous cruiser (turned out to be identical). We were able to order off the "always the same every night" side of the menu. Worked out fine.

We knew which nights we liked or disliked the menu, and STILL could not commit, taking into consideration, beef at Cagney's, etc. to avoid eating beef (or fish) two nights in a row (I could eat fish every night).

Turned out lobster was the first night. Glad we saved our $114 for DH's bucket of beers :D

I am waiting to see if on our 14 day B2B cruise, we only need to book the 3, then I think we might give it a try.

Does anybody know if it is true, that if we book every reservation at 6 pm would we receive a bottle of wine?

Also, if we get on board and want to move one reservation to another evening, is that okay?

I've never had Lobster on the first night in MDR. Never on 33 cruises.

We ordered the three specialty nights in advance last time on the Star and it worked out for us.

But that's what "we" prefer. Everybody's different.

Archived