rates for Southern Caribbean

Capitan Morgan

I am looking for the rates for the Southern Caribbean for next September 2014 and right now shows for balcony is $796.00 for eight days with ports of call Aruba. Curacao and Grand Turk. I was wondering.. did anybody saw the rate for this itinerary going lower than this one or by your experience this is the lowest it could get?

Depends on the ship. That sounds like a pretty low price if its the Breeze. If its Freedom than I have seen lower. Either way just book Early Saver, that if if the price does drop, you will get the lower price!

Depends on the ship. That sounds like a pretty low price if its the Breeze. If its Freedom than I have seen lower. Either way just book Early Saver, that if if the price does drop, you will get the lower price!

I was thinking about ES. The ship is Liberty

I saw ocean view rooms for $769 for the 8 day Southern Caribbean sailing 9/26/2014. The balcony is $1069. Was that a typo in your message or a different sailing?

the rate is $796 balcony sept 26 2014 departing from port canaveral with Liberty for 8 days.

I did a mock booking and i saw that the rate (796) is a super saver which doesn't have price protection. Is this means that price drop doesn't apply to this kind of rate?

The Early Saver is $816

I saw ocean view rooms for $769 for the 8 day Southern Caribbean sailing 9/26/2014. The balcony is $1069. Was that a typo in your message or a different sailing?

He apparently did a mock booking for THREE in a cabin, not two.

Capitan Morgan - The current rates for that particular cruise are very high IMO. Your quoted price of $796pp includes a very steep discount on the third passenger. Carnival almost always discounts the 3/4/5 passengers and quotes you an average. The actual price for a double occupancy balcony on this sailing is actually $1,069pp, which I find extraordinarily high. I would expect the double occupancy price to be more like $650 - $800 for that time of year (and the average cost for triple occupancy being more in the range of $500 to $650 per person).

While there's no way of knowing for sure what will happen over the next 14 months, I personally would spend the extra $20 per person right now in order to book Early Saver. That way, you're guaranteed the lowest price. I'd hate to give you this advice and end up being wrong, but I'm not usually a betting kind of person and I'd bet just about anything that those rates will drop significantly at some point between now and September 2014. JMO

OP - I just checked the prices on 8-night cruises on both the Freedom and the Legend for THIS, year right around the same time that you want to travel next year. They are all priced under $600pp for a three in a balcony. The only 8-night cruise that is priced over $600pp (triple occupancy) during that time frame is the Breeze, which is $679pp. The Breeze will almost always be priced higher than the Liberty though...the Freedom is the most comparable ship and the Legend is fairly equivalent.

This seems to support what I suggested in my last post. I think the current prices you are looking at are very high and it would probably be wise to spend the extra $20pp now in order to book Early Saver. That way, you can collect any price drops that occur over the next 14 months.

He apparently did a mock booking for THREE in a cabin, not two.

Capitan Morgan - The current rates for that particular cruise are very high IMO. Your quoted price of $796pp includes a very steep discount on the third passenger. Carnival almost always discounts the 3/4/5 passengers and quotes you an average. The actual price for a double occupancy balcony on this sailing is actually $1,069pp, which I find extraordinarily high. I would expect the double occupancy price to be more like $650 - $800 for that time of year (and the average cost for triple occupancy being more in the range of $500 to $650 per person).

While there's no way of knowing for sure what will happen over the next 14 months, I personally would spend the extra $20 per person right now in order to book Early Saver. That way, you're guaranteed the lowest price. I'd hate to give you this advice and end up being wrong, but I'm not usually a betting kind of person and I'd bet just about anything that those rates will drop significantly at some point between now and September 2014. JMO

Yes i did the mock booking for three people (thinking about taking our son with us). But :eek: you right is really expensive based on two people for that time of the year! I agree with you, it is worth it to put the extra twenty. Thank you for your input and geez I really have a lot to learn...but that's why we have you guys;)

My Fun Group booked Early Saver for our August 31, 2013 cruise and we are really glad we did. So far everyone who booked an ocean view room has $550.00 OBC and I just put in the forms tonight since the price has dropped another $60.00. For the balcony they have $160.00 OBC. So I would definitly book early saver.

I am looking for the rates for the Southern Caribbean for next September 2014 and right now shows for balcony is $796.00 for eight days with ports of call Aruba. Curacao and Grand Turk. I was wondering.. did anybody saw the rate for this itinerary going lower than this one or by your experience this is the lowest it could get?

Check Celebrity out of Ft Laud

Archived