Our POA plans

beeandkmon

So here are our POA plans. Comments?

Pre-Cruise: Arriving on Thursday and staying on Waikiki beach. No real plans. We want to hike diamond head and relax. We also may take surfing lessons but have not booked them yet.

Maui Day 1: Pick up rental car. Iao park and Haleakela

Maui Day 2: Early snorkling with Redline Rafting co. (they have great trip advisor reviews and it looks awesome!) After we will hit the beach close by the snorkling meeting place and then return the car.

Hilo: Helicopter tour and then headed to downtown Hilo (we are runners so are planning to run from the ship to downtown)

Kona: NCL Kayak/Snorkling excursion. We are doing the NCL excursion here for the ease of it at a tender port.

Kuaui Day 1: Pick up rental car, planning on hiking. We have not settled on which hike yet. Return car

Kuaui Day 2: Walk to the beach/restful day

Honolulu: Doing the NCL Pearl Harbor excursion and then being dropped at the airport

I disagree on Hilo. If your going to see lava you want to make sure that its still flowing because if it isn't all your going to see is solid hasr black lava, one big mass and it's pretty boring. You may fly over a molten lava crater.

Having done this and seeing lava still thought is was boring. Also the heli does a lot of quick turns and ups and downs and we both walked off feeling pretty nauseous but that may not happen to you. Also

Hands down if you really want to do a heli ride switch your plans up and do it in kuaui, you'll fly over many water falls and see areas that you can't get to plus you fly over and along the Napali Coast. I think many would agree, specially if you can only afford one.

I have heard that about the heli tour and did think a lot about it. One of us has actually done a heli tour of Hilo and loved it. He is also really into volcanoes so is very excited to do this again. Our heli tour also will take us over a waterfull in Hilo. I fully know that this is not the "popular" heli tour but I think it will work for us. Thank you very much for your input though...I really do like to hear it!!

Sounds like fun! We also did Iao Valley and Haleakala the first day in Maui. It is a lot of driving but worth it. When going to Haleakala- even if you are driving up through clouds- make sure to go all the way to the top. Chances are, you will come out above the clouds and that is very cool. We also did the ship excursion to Pearl Harbor on the last day. We were really glad we did that. It made everything so easy- didn't have to worry about getting off the ship, what to do with our luggage, how to get to the airport, etc. And Pearl Harbor was great- we had plenty of time there. Have fun!!!

I have heard that about the heli tour and did think a lot about it. One of us has actually done a heli tour of Hilo and loved it. He is also really into volcanoes so is very excited to do this again. Our heli tour also will take us over a waterfull in Hilo. I fully know that this is not the "popular" heli tour but I think it will work for us. Thank you very much for your input though...I really do like to hear it!!

You may want to clearly read your cancellation policy in case you want to cancel due to no lava flow. Otherwise enjoy!

Archived