Embarkation in Rome (civitavecchia)

theman1

Hi, we just returned from the Magica 6/19-6/26 and embarked in Civitavecchia. We arrived at 1:45 to a full terminal! They only had ONE person working the counter checking people in when we arrived. We were given the number 20 to embark and they were up to number 8. Needless to say, we waited till 3:45 to board!:( We must say, the ship is very nice, the food was good (I found the Atlantic menu much, much better), the people were nice but it was understaffed, especially in the Bellagio Buffet. It took us a while to find a clean table for lunch. That's never happened before on any other Costa cruise we've taken. We attribute this to the fact that there were so many people on the ship and not enough staff. We definitely commented about that on our end-of-cruise questionnaire.

I'd be glad to answer any other questions you may have. We travelled with our 2 kids (13 & 8).

Take care,

Dori

• 2 weeks later...

We were there in May and arrived at the terminal at 4:30 and there was nobody there! Not one other person was in line! It was great! We used the time in the morning to do some site seeing in Rome. The only downside is that when we got on the ship the buffet was closed and no food was available anywhere(Happened alot on this cruise)! My dad actually had to beg the guy in the buffet line for some bread.

Anyway if you arrive later just make sure you eat something or bring a snack on board with you.

Archived