Is it too early to pack?! :)

ContessaK

Create a master packing list and save it in a Word document on your computer. Then, as you start putting things together, you can check off each item. When everything is checked off, it'll be time to cruise:D

When we are at the one month out point before a cruise (or any vacation,) our guest rooms turns into "vacation central." My packing list is on the dresser, and as things find their way into that room, they get checked off:) We're 2-1/2 weeks away from our next cruise, and that room is looking like a great vacation is getting ready to happen:D

This is a great idea! I think I'll turn our spare room into a "vacation central!" :D

I make packing lists well in advance and alter them as I plan more. I start getting together the toiletries, etc. many weeks in advance. I plan what items of clothing to take, but don't actually pack until the day before we leave. I may start packing underwear, socks, shoes, bathing suits a couple of days before. That way, nothing gets too wrinkled in the process.

Mary Anne

I must be the nut- we leave in 17 days and due to work schedule will only be home 3 days during these next two weeks. Fortunately keep most travel items stocked in packing cubes to throw in the suitcase so can be ready in a short time...... It's up to DH to make sure everything is clean when I hit the door that morning.

Counting down and so ready to relax!

Since we are going in the winter months, what I did last time and will do again is when I go to change my clothes for the season and put away my summer clothes, I just put them in a suitcase instead of a bin.(we live in Canada) Then about 2 weeks or so before I go through it all and iron what needs it and make sure I did not pack too much -- or too little.

To me a vacation is 'real' when I book airfare since that is non refundable. I know we are going when that is booked!

Our cruise is in 2 months and 1 week and I'm so excited I'm about to jump out of my skin. Hubby says I'm not allowed to ask him anymore cruise related opinions unless it is life altering. Apparently asking him what color snorkeling gear he would prefer did not fall under the life altering category. :rolleyes:

My brain is already thinking, 'oh, I could take this clothing and I better pack those vitamins and...' I think I'm obsessed. Hubby just accused me of being on the computer and this website for so long, he thinks I'm googling the right amount of underwear to bring.

After your tickets are all purchased and travel booked and such, what is the first thing you do that makes it all seem real? I'm thinking when I drag out my suitcase. (shhh, might do it tomorrow! Never too early! hehe :p)

We will be on the October 13 sailing and I am SO EXCITED I can barely stand it.

I really want to pack now! but we aren't leaving until December 21st!

I need to buy luggage, I never have owned luggage. I've never travelled...so I think that purchase will make it REAL....my husband has a suitcase and we have a few other bags he can use for carry on....which is what I usually use for our week excursions to a cottage or anywhere else...

But for the cruise (my first REAL vacation) I want real luggage....my parents offered to loan me theirs, but really, I'm 33, I should own luggage...LOL

Create a master packing list and save it in a Word document on your computer. Then, as you start putting things together, you can check off each item. When everything is checked off, it'll be time to cruise:D

When we are at the one month out point before a cruise (or any vacation,) our guest rooms turns into "vacation central." My packing list is on the dresser, and as things find their way into that room, they get checked off:) We're 2-1/2 weeks away from our next cruise, and that room is looking like a great vacation is getting ready to happen:D

Exactly what I do!!!!!!!!!

I am just like you!! From the moment I booked our cruise last May until we step foot on board (and probably not even then...) in January of this year, I badgered my husband NON STOP about anything and everything. "Hey, did you know that there's FREE SOFT SERVE on the pool deck?! I just read about it!" That was me for about 7 months :D

Now, I'm booked on a cruise with my best friend (leaving the hubs at home... he can't take a whole week off work! Sad for him!)... and I'm STILL badgering him. I think he'll get fed up much quicker this time. :rolleyes:

My next cruise doesn't leave til January, but I already want to start my packing list. I'm totally with you here (except your cruise is much sooner therefore its less crazy for you! lol)!

Look!! I spent the majority of the day NOT on the computer, NOT looking up cruise stuff. See? I'm evolving, I'm changing! Lol. No really, I just had other things to so. Back to obsessing! Hehe

Popping things in my Amazon cart. :) Need a small alarm (we usually use our iPhones) and those waterproof ID holders for when on excursions. Also looking at waterproof cameras. Planning for everything I can think of and what will probably happen is what always happens when I go on a trip; I wash clothes, grab a few toiletries and go!

Already talking a friend into a cruise for bxt summer/fall. I can see this can become a way of life.

I packed this far out for all of my cruises, BUT as you can tell by where I live and the date of the cruises I was digging out warm season clothes at the time I was wearing ICE COLD season clothes so the stuff I packed wasn't going to be woren anyways so why not!!! I am all for early packing, about that last 2 weeks I spent more and more time in the laundry room weeding through the bag and making sure I had everything I needed.

Someday soon I hope to be packing for a cruise again.....it's been FAR too long!!! Have a super great fantastic time on your cruise, you're gonna love it!!!

The moment I make my first deposit I start packing...the list is started and trying stuff on...then shopping begins esp. Right now with back to school deals and summer clearance coming up..my cruise is in Nov but no bathing suits or shorts then..I have my hanging garment bag on my bathroom door for many weeks prior....(but I do pack for six people).duhn duhn duhn da da da duhn...can you hear the tune???

Dawn

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

I do the tote thing, too! Basically as soon as we book a cruise, I begin putting things in it! I have a clear rubbermaid tub that I put things in that I have bought specifically for the cruise and things that I know we won't use again before we sail.

This time, I have pirate temporary tattoos for our day in Nassau. I have matching ties that I picked up on clearance at Children's Place for $.99 for all of the young boys (and my daughter, a headband maybe? lol) in our group. Little things like that go straight in there. :)

I am loving this thread! I too am driving my husband absolutely crazy with the "did you know..." comments. His reply is "nothing is going to be a surprise when you get there...you are going to know everything." I have started putting some things together. We will be part of a "rally" that has many private parties and themed nights such as pirate night, "50's, 60's, 70's", etc. so I have purchased one costume and have to start looking for the others. Just yesterday I told my husband I purchased a travel size shaving gel for him and I got a huge eye roll in return. It's funny because the day before we leave he will start with the "did you get..." or "did you pack..." and I will just say "Got it!" Until then I am just enjoying my countdown living vicariously through others' reviews and pictures.

i have to pack at the last minute because my dog get anxious when he sees the bags. So, yes it's too early! ;)

01_imag0044.sized.jpg

oh my what a sweetie!!! My dog freaks when he sees the bags too!!! I feel sorry for him, i put off packing and do it in secrecy when he's not around lol!!!

oh my what a sweetie!!! My dog freaks when he sees the bags too!!! I feel sorry for him, i put off packing and do it in secrecy when he's not around lol!!!

Thanks! :D We do the same thing, trying to hide luggage!

It has begun! Went shopping this weekend for new swimsuits, some clothes, sunscreen. To be fair, it's harder to get these things in the fall when we'll need them.

How many days do I have left?! Lol Ready to go now, please.

I have to pack at the last minute because my dog get anxious when he sees the bags. So, yes it's too early! ;)

01_IMAG0044.sized.jpg

really great looking dog, don't you wish we could take them. I promise mine will be good! All three of them.

I love that - I had been calling it the "packing room." I am going to permanently ;) borrow that - "Vacation Central."

Every day I am gathering something for my "Vacation Central." :D

To Gig103 - I don't have a picture - but my cat does the same thing - sits in the suitcase like that would seriously slow us down.

Archived