Slightly disappointed

waterport

I went to my second Med cruise aboard the magic, and was slightly disappointed, compared to my first cruise there was ALOT less stuff going on aboard the cruise, this time we travelled with another couple and there two kids to whom we had been boasting about how cool and about different thing we had done on our first cruise, for example the prince and princess night or (formal night) on our first cruise whilst having dinner belle and the beast came into the restaurant and danced, we waited and waited and waited in our second cruise asked our server who said that they weren't doin this as there was no time as the cruise was shorter only difference is first cruise is 10 nights and second is 7 nights don't know why there wasn't time when the formal night still went on. Some of the characters from the first cruise weren't on the second, on our first cruise Pinocchio gepeto, Alice in wonderland, the queen of hearts. The kids club was a big issue with my daughter the first cruise there was open house only on the embarkation day, here every day had a couple of hours open house in one of the clubs and for it being a short cruise a lot of activities were in the kids club were repeated in our first cruise we had to literally force her to come to dinner with us ( we ended up giving up as really enjoyed the kids club) and on this cruise she hardly wanted to go. The other couple enjoyed it a lot as it was there first time, we enjoyed it a lot to but kept asking ourselves when's this happening why isn't this happening etc etc. We asked as my daughter really enjoyed tea time with Alice in wonderland but surprise surprise it wasn't available in this cruise. Will definatly have to think about going again but if i do go again will make sure to make it a 10night cruise so I get the full Disney cruise experience.

I wonder if it's because they are getting ready to redo the Magic and some of the events are up in the air? Has it been a few years since you were on the Magic? I can see different characters being on at different times, just like the parks.

I always suggest calling a CVP (cruise vacation planner) to see what activities might be available. (They would be able to tell you about Formal nights etc.) Also I have heard that the kid clubs tend to have the feel of the kids cruising that week. You probably had less cruising Europe this time, perhaps due to economy and flights etc? It's hard to say.

Sorry you were disappointed. I'm looking forward to the 'new' Magic in May, but it's only a 4 day so it's going to be busy and a blast. We have no kids and our 3 day Dream was sooo much better than any of the Carnivals we have been on, that our expectations were blown away. Perhaps that is the feeling from your first Disney Cruise.

We shall see in October when she gets out of Dry Dock/reimagineering what activities are available...

waterport,

It's a shame you didn't enjoy your cruise as much as you did the last Med cruise you took.

In regards to the Characters, as we are all adults, and there is only so many crew members the ships can carry, and the "friends" of the Characters may be Goofy, Queen of Hearts, the Beast, Hook etc and there only used to be two friends, but do not know if they have more onboard now.

That may explain why on a shorter cruise if say it was GM's night and as Goofy is in the main stage show, why the Beast couldn't also be in both the MDR's that evening if Goofy had a visit scheduled in the Kid's club that evening as well or a meet and great in the Atrium pre and post dinner.

I think they are only supposed to be out for a Max of 30 mins due to the heat.

Same for Villains as Hook is in that, and Goofy is in the Welcome Aboard and Farewell show etc

The longer the cruise, the more they can spread the "friends" around and different Characters can appear.

HTH's!

ex techie

Just off the 12 night Med cruise on 8/6/13. We had the dancing in the dining room, all the characters you mentioned, etc. I suspect you are looking at the differences on the shorter cruises, and all the Med cruises are very port intensive. There were relatively few on board activities when compared to a Caribbean cruise, but most guests were off the ship on port days. I was surprised that all the movies were repeats for the entire cruise; on previous 2 week cruises, they changed in the second week.

Archived