Are the stateroom Doors unlocked ?

tambo913

I read on the Costa website that your ID card that also is your room card is in your room waiting for you when you board. Normally, on all the other cruises I've been on the room is locked and you have to have the card to get in. I am just trying to figure this out.......any knowledge of how this works???

Thanks!

I read on the Costa website that your ID card that also is your room card is in your room waiting for you when you board. Normally, on all the other cruises I've been on the room is locked and you have to have the card to get in. I am just trying to figure this out.......any knowledge of how this works???

Thanks!

MY CARD WAS INSIDE THE DOOR WHEN WE CAME IN,BUT THIS IS ONLY A KEY TO YOU CABIN YOU CANT BAY ANITHING ON THIS(ITS GOOD TO GIVE IT TO KIDS IF YOU DONT WANT THEM TO LOOSE NORMAL CARD)THEN YOU REGESTER YOU VISA AND THEY GIVE YOU REG. CARD

2 cards were on the desk in the cabin when we got there, we than went down to the desk and put our cc# on file and used the card for everything. All cabins doors were open, the room stewards were all standing in the hallways greeting the people.

We had only 1 card each, same card for door and if we wanted to buy something.

Thanks, I just couldnt figure out how to get in the room ! ! I read where you go register your card with a credit card. That is so different than the other cruises. They ususally do that when you are checking in. What kind of mass production is it with 3000 people at the front desk ??????? I guess you cant buy any drinks till that is done? I have to have my sail away FOOFOO drink! :D :D :D

Does anone know what is the earlist time you can board when it shows departure at 7:00? I have never left that late before. I'm glad we have a late dinner reservation.

Thanks to all!

You don't need to register your card right away. You can use it to charge anything you wish. There are tables set up to register but you don't have to do it there . There will be long lines. Don't stress out. You can register later 2nd 3rd or 4th day. Costa knows you are a captive audience and they will get your credit card info. eventually. Have fun and don't wait in any long lines.

Does anone know what is the earlist time you can board when it shows departure at 7:00? I have never left that late before. I'm glad we have a late dinner reservation.

Last year we got on around 12.30, there were already people onboard. If you have a suite you just tell A Costa Rep when you arrive and they walk you through to the front of the line, perfect for the children - This year we are aiming to get to the pier around 11.00 am. I think it just depends when they clear the ship of the previous cruisers. As for the cards you will have 1 for every person in the cabin, plus a blank card that only opens the door and cannot be charged for drinks etc. If you just wait a day you will be able to add your CC to your account with no waiting around. They set up in the atrium and it takes seconds. You can use your card immediately that you embark, although I am sure we had to wait until around 2ish to get a beer at the bar.

Yes, the cards will open the door and you can use them to charge too. As for the door key it is blank and you can't charge on that. And for the boys and girls card it is a booklet of 20 coupons. When we last December went we purchased them online before we left . We are going again this December and I have noticed that there is a price increase on them now, IMO not worth the effort of remembering to take them out of the cabin with you, for a soda just a easy to charge them, but I have heard that if you like non-alcoholic cocktails they are still a good deal, we just used them for the boys and We used to take the blank card and drink coupons to the pool, so if we lost them we didn't loose our charge cards too.

Archived