Cayman shore excursion question

I am going on Voyager of the Seas and docking in the Cayman Islands at 8:00 AM according to the itinerary. I want to book an excursion for swimming with the sting rays at 9:00 AM. Will I be able to make it there in time and will they refund my money if the ship for any reason gets to the Cayman Islands later than expected? Thanks for your help. :confused:

I assume you mean you want to book a tour with an independent operator on Grand Cayman and this is not a tour booked with the cruise line. You need to get more information from the tour operator. Only they can tell you if you will get your money back if the ship is late of misses the port entirely. You also need to find out what time you need to be at the tour operators office. If the tour is scheduled to depart at 9:00AM they may want you there no later than 8:30 so you can register, pay, sign waiver documents, etc.

Most of the tours are geared for the comfort of the cruise line passengers. The tour groups LOVE VOS. It's a huge ship, brings lots of business. I don't think you will have much to worry about. It's a wonderful way to start off your day. The stingrays are magical!

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

Linda

We were there 5 weeks ago on the Miracle and did this tour with Capt. Bryan's. We stayed on East coast time and Cayman is 1 hour behind us.So if you arrive at 8am it will be 7am Cayman time, at least untill the fall when we change the clocks again. This tour is great! You wont be sorry.

Hi linda nj,

Just off the Voyager last Sunday. We took an independent tour to Stingray sand bar with Soto's. The ship arrived at 8:00am ship time & that would make it 7:00am on GC. We had to meet them at 8:30 GC time (9:30 ship time). We had plenty of time to have breakfast on the ship & catch a tender around 9:00am (ship time). There were no tender passes you just got on line, they had a couple of tenders taking you ashore so it was about a 15 min wait at that time. Our tour was for 9:30 to 11:30 & it all worked out very well.

As for a refund you need to check with your tour oper. Soto's would not charge you if for any reason the ship was too late comming into port or was a no show.

Stingray city was wonderful, don't miss it & don't worry. I was a basket case about doing the whole thing but I shouldn't have worried.

We did the stingray tour with Nativeway and had a great time. They met us at the pier and drove us to the marina (there were about 10 of us - some from VOS, some from a Carnival ship). We went to the stingray sandbar and then to the coral gardens. This was a great trip, and we will book with them again.

I don't believe we had to give them a credit card number. We just emailed them, and they confirmed by email.

I am going on Voyager of the Seas and docking in the Cayman Islands at 8:00 AM according to the itinerary. I want to book an excursion for swimming with the sting rays at 9:00 AM. Will I be able to make it there in time and will they refund my money if the ship for any reason gets to the Cayman Islands later than expected? Thanks for your help. :confused:

Check Out Nativeway

Very Good!!! Sharon will take care of you if you don't get to go you don't pay!!!

Archived