Allure - My Time Dining question

I looked through some of the threads and did not find the answer to this question - please forgive me if it has been answered before.

We have selected My Time Dining for our Allure Cruise in November. I usually pick this sort of dining on other lines but have never had the option to pick actual times before.

What happens if I reserve now for certain times and then when we are on the cruise we don't make that time? We could be late back from something, not be hungry ..... Our TA is giving us a voucher for a meal at a specialty restaurant so should I book that in advance too or wait until I actually see the voucher (it will be emailed shortly before the cruise).

Thank you in advance - I have learned so much on Cruise Critic - and the wonderful photo reviews are fabulous.

I looked through some of the threads and did not find the answer to this question - please forgive me if it has been answered before.

We have selected My Time Dining for our Allure Cruise in November. I usually pick this sort of dining on other lines but have never had the option to pick actual times before.

What happens if I reserve now for certain times and then when we are on the cruise we don't make that time? We could be late back from something, not be hungry ..... Our TA is giving us a voucher for a meal at a specialty restaurant so should I book that in advance too or wait until I actually see the voucher (it will be emailed shortly before the cruise).

Thank you in advance - I have learned so much on Cruise Critic - and the wonderful photo reviews are fabulous.

Hello. My experience last year on Allure with MTD worked well. I reserved a seating time for each night, this reservation mainly gets you seated at your reserved time with little to no wait. As it is MTD you can show up any time you want but if outside of your reserved seating time you may have a short wait for a table.

I also will have a voucher for a specialty restaurant from my TA. As explained to me I have to wait until on the ship to use the voucher and book the specialty restaurant and cannot reserve it in advance.

Archived