What is there to do at Port Canaveral??

mresend

We will be sailing from NYC on the Breakaway in November and our first port stop is Port Canaveral. My questions is, What are my options for something to do while docked in port Canaveral from 12:00pm-9:00 pm. Beach and non beach activities please.

So is there a shuttle or bus service at the port that can take our group to these places?

Kennedy Space Center will be offered as an excursion by the cruise line, transportation included.

So is there a shuttle or bus service at the port that can take our group to these places?
How many are in your group? We are a family of four and we rent a car and do our own tours. Car rental for a full size was 33.59 from Dollar for the day. IMO, this is cheaper than transportation from the ship. But I only recommend this if you are comfortable doing things on your own and are willing to do your own driving.

Here is what you can do in the area:

1. Brevard Zoo

2. A 2-hour boat ride on the Indian River Lagoon with Island Boat Lines http://www.islandboatlines.com/Home_Page.php

3. An airboat ride at Lone Cabbage Fish Camp http://www.twisterairboatrides.com/

4. As already mentioned, Kennedy Space Center

5. Ron Jon's Surf Shop (for looking or buying)

Of course, you'll need a car for most or all of these.

we have sailed our of pc four times and to sail out of we love this port. having said that I would not want this to be one of my ports of call. I would be disappointed if it were. other than what the other said you can go to the beach. Disney and Orlando is an hour away. if you are a nascar fan & depending on how much time you are in port you could rent a car and drive an hour up to Daytona to take a tour of the track. we did it precruise last summer and it was pretty neat.

Archived