Lancaster London

referee

We are staying there one day prior to going on our cruise. Do we need to take transportation or could we walk to SOME of the touristy sites in London? Thanks

Can you be a little more specific about where you are staying in London? I think you mean somewhere near Lancaster Gate tube station, but a hotel address might help us to help you.

You see, Lancaster itself is a totally different city from London, so your thread title is quite confusing.

Can you be a little more specific about where you are staying in London? I think you mean somewhere near Lancaster Gate tube station, but a hotel address might help us to help you.

You see, Lancaster itself is a totally different city from London, so your thread title is quite confusing.

Lancaster London is the proper name of a large hotel on Lancaster Gate :)

OP you are directly across the road from Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, which are lovely. A walk straight across Hyde Park will bring you to the museums area (Science, Natural History, V&A). A longer walk through the Royal Parks will eventually take you down to Buckingham Palace and Westminster, but that's quite a way. On a nice day, I'd maybe walk there and get a cab back. But we don't know how fit and mobile you are, of course. London is a great walking city, but nowhere is in reasonable walking distance of all the sights, so transport is required sometimes.

The hotel is also reasonably near to Marble Arch and Oxford St and not too far from the British Museum ( bit of a walk). However, you are very near to tube stations and lots of bus routes. If you are only there for one day, then I would buy a Travelcard to get around. It really depends what you want to see and do.

Lancaster London is the proper name of a large hotel on Lancaster Gate :)

OP you are directly across the road from Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, which are lovely. A walk straight across Hyde Park will bring you to the museums area (Science, Natural History, V&A). A longer walk through the Royal Parks will eventually take you down to Buckingham Palace and Westminster, but that's quite a way. On a nice day, I'd maybe walk there and get a cab back. But we don't know how fit and mobile you are, of course. London is a great walking city, but nowhere is in reasonable walking distance of all the sights, so transport is required sometimes.

Thanks for the information Cotswold, that's exactly where we are staying. Sorry for any confusion

Archived