Buses in Bermuda

geri1258

I cruised to Bermuda in 1996 and have leftover bus tickets. I vaguely remember them telling us that they don't expire. Anyone know if they do? They were 15 tickets in a book - I have green 3 zone adult tickets and blue student tickets. I'm not sure if they'll even take the student tickets - the Bermuda web site says that only bermuda residents can get the student fares. My son is 15 - wondering what tickets I'd have to buy for him.

Also, if you have 3 zone tickets and you go into a 4th zone, can you just give the driver two 3 zone tickets or must you have the 14 zone ticket?

Geri

It sounds like you have the tickets that are still in use today, the 3-zone are still green and the student ones are still blue, maybe you're in luck! Ask a bus driver or place where they sell the tickets.

I think you can use two 3-zone instead of a 14-zone if the trip is farther than three zones. Don't forget to ask the bus driver for a transfer if you need to change buses (ask as you get on the bus not when you're getting off as this assumes the driver is going to remember whether every person on the bus paid a 3-zone fare or a 14-zone fare).

Day passes are an easier way to go as you don't have to worry about 3-zone/14-zone/transfers

Archived