Key West this sunday...ideas?

pupidda11103

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I will be in KeY West this coming Sunday (travelling on the Carnival Glory woohoo lol). I was jsut wondering if anyone had any ideas of what we could do for the 5 hours we'll be on land. I've heard a great deal about riding the trolley if interested in sightseeing..where would I get this trolley and how long does it usually last? any feedback is appreciated thanks :)

Here is a link at Trip Advisor on Key West. There are at least two different ways of seeing all of Key West (at least driving by it) one if the Key West Trolley and the other is Conch Train. Both do drives around Key West. ONe lets you get off at certain spots and then get back on later on the next train if there are seats on it.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g34345-Key_West_Florida_Keys_Florida-Vacations.html

The ride if you don't get off is around 1 1/2 hours approximately.

Here is the trolley link

http://www.trolleytours.com/

and here is the Conch train link

http://www.conchtourtrain.com/

Have a great next cruise.

Hey PP... We have a group roll call if you have not yet seen it for our cruise this Sat. What do you like to do? Key west is a drinking town first, then a toursit town second, beaches are not the best, the museums are worth a trip, definitly take the trolley or the train, your call. It will give you a fantastic over view. We like the trolley as you can get on and off as you please at their stops which are several. The train basically makes a loop.

We will be doing a bar hopper day ( no trolley or train) to our favorites which I will not get into specifics here, but if you like to listen to live music, funny songs and hit some dive and not so dive bars, then come on along. We are meeting our cc friends on the lido deck just before sail away at the azure bar on the ship Sat. so be there if you can. Hope to see you guys on board!

There are water activities, if you are so inclined. Several different sail boats do harbour cruises. Sunset cruises are especially nice if you will in port at the right time for that. I prefer Western Union, but the Liberty and the America are other beautiful ships as well, plus the catamaran party boat and I don't know if the PT boat is still running or not, but that was great fun.

There is a daytime boat that is glass bottomed for looking at underwater sea life. There is a jet ski tour. It looks like fun. Several go out at one time led by the guide. If you are into parachutes, there are several boat operators who will take you out and run the boat while you fly high in the parachute it drags.

A small red bi-plane flies over Key West and thereabout. There is a bicycle tour led by a guide, or you can rent mopeds or small electric cars and ride around by yourselves.

Key West has several museums and attractions such as the Aquarium, the Butterfly Conservatory, the Mel Fisher Shipwreck Museum, and several stores such as the aloe store, the Key West fabric store, the Tortuga Rum Cake store, some really raunchy T-shirt stores, art galleries, and many interesting restaurants and infamous bars. An art gallery I like is Cuba!Cuba! which features art, dishes, ceramics, tiles and souveniers from Cuba. You can watch cigars being rolled at the gift shop behind El Meson de Pepe restaurant near the waterfront.

Check out keywestnews.com, for links to many attractions and a map, even some web cams. The one for Sloppy Joes Bar is the most reliable one.

Have a great time. The weather is promising to be good, hot and steamy, but little or no rain.

Archived