Online Check-in: Purpose of Travel Info?

Milhouse

What's the purpose of supplying travel info about how & when you will arrive and depart from the originating port city? Is it just to allow for a spot check that your travel plans align with embarkation and disembarkation specs (ie shouldn't book a flight earlier than X on disembarkation day)? Or is it just for customer analytics?

We're flying into Venice a few days prior to our cruise and are going to eventually work our way down via train to Civitavecchia. So do we provide our flight info to Venice or our train info to Civitavecchia? Does it really matter?

TIA.

What's the purpose of supplying travel info about how & when you will arrive and depart from the originating port city? Is it just to allow for a spot check that your travel plans align with embarkation and disembarkation specs (ie shouldn't book a flight earlier than X on disembarkation day)? Or is it just for customer analytics?

We're flying into Venice a few days prior to our cruise and are going to eventually work our way down via train to Civitavecchia. So do we provide our flight info to Venice or our train info to Civitavecchia? Does it really matter?

TIA.

The travel info section is optional, not required.

We make our own travel arrangements, so we just skip that section and leave it blank, as we do for the other sections that are not required.

Some people have the cruise line book flights, hotels and/or ground transfers for them, so we would fill in that section if we were expecting them to make such arrangements for us.

They do mark the fields with asterisks though which seem to indicate they are required. :confused:

Just to confirm, your reply is referring to online check-in correct, not online booking?

I am pretty sure that it is required. When we flew into Paris for a cruise leaving from Venice, I just put that we would be arriving to the port by private vehicle and leaving Civi by private vehicle. Both were private transportation. We are back from that cruise and had no problem.

They do mark the fields with asterisks though which seem to indicate they are required. :confused:

Just to confirm, your reply is referring to online check-in correct, not online booking?

Yes, I was talking about Online Check-in.

After filling out the information for the first passenger on the first page (Personal Information and Contact Information),

when you click Save & Continue

it takes you to the second page.

On the second page there is a section for Immigration Infomation

and below it is a section for Travel information.

The Immigration Information is required.

The Travel Information is optional.

That is where it asks how you will be getting to and from your port of departure and arrival.

You can just skip that section.

Click Save & Confirm at the lower right to continue on to the next page.

TIA.

If Celebrity is not arranging that part of the trip for you, there is no need to fill in any of that information.

I just completed an online check-in and skipped the sections headed

Travel Information

Travel Plans

Cruise History

Accessibility

Include Minors

Include Guests from Other Reservations

None of them are required.

I just keep clicking Save & Continue or Accept & Continue to move on to the next part.

When done it said

"Congratulations! You have successfully completed the required

information for your Xpress Pass and your online check-in is complete."

I would think that it could be to help Celebrity in case of traffic delays, airport strikes etc.

They might then have an idea as to how many passengers would be delayed.

Then again, it might just be info gathering!

My understanding is that, at least for the way home they use that information to give you your departure number. We filled it all in before our April Eclipse cruise, and then we didn't give them any information on the ship at all, and we got an early departure number because of our early flight. Normally they give you the information to fill out on the ship, but my understanding is they had our flight info from our online check in so we didn't have to do anything further.

My understanding is that, at least for the way home they use that information to give you your departure number. We filled it all in before our April Eclipse cruise, and then we didn't give them any information on the ship at all, and we got an early departure number because of our early flight. Normally they give you the information to fill out on the ship, but my understanding is they had our flight info from our online check in so we didn't have to do anything further.

Even though I always fill that section in, they always send a form to my room to be completed with departure information. Many years of experience with Celebrity's web folks have let be to believe that very little of what you imput to HQ ever makes it to the ship.:(

Even though I always fill that section in, they always send a form to my room to be completed with departure information. Many years of experience with Celebrity's web folks have let be to believe that very little of what you imput to HQ ever makes it to the ship.:(

I agree on the above posting as that has been my previous experience on four X cruises. I always plan my own travel arrangements. I always include it in the on-line check-in process; however, I always find a departure card in my room about 2 days before departing asking for the info I've already given prior to embarkation.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network using Tapatalk Beta 4

We always travel independently. Arrival information obviously doesn't matter unless you are flying in on the departure day. Then, it might let them know if you were delayed... not that they would wait more than 5 minutes for you. ;)

I do believe they sometimes use the departure information. On some cruises, we have still gotten a departure questionnaire, but not all. Our most recent cruise, in July 2013, we did not get a questionnaire. They assigned us a disembarkation group based on our online information.

Archived